• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Eris lockscreen wallpaper

chris haz

Lurker
Dec 24, 2009
I can't seem to get a picture to fit the actual lockscreen on the Driod Eris. If I save a picture from the internet, the entire picture wont fit. I can't use any wallpaper apps that I have downloaded, they are all just for the background. (If there are any apps that does lockscreens let me know.) I dont know If im being stupid but I just cant get a picture for my lockscreen. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. Thank you

yea i get that green box; however, i cannot adjust the green box to fit the entire picture when i download. The picture is always bigger thenthe green box no matter what i seem to do, so i can only set like half the picture as my lockscreen. When i do this for my background, this problem does not exist. Only have trouble fitting a picture to my lockscreen...

Upvote 0
yea i get that green box; however, i cannot adjust the green box to fit the entire picture when i download. The picture is always bigger thenthe green box no matter what i seem to do, so i can only set like half the picture as my lockscreen. When i do this for my background, this problem does not exist. Only have trouble fitting a picture to my lockscreen...

You cant change the size of the green box, or the aspect ratio? Try draging the corner of the green box and see if it gets bigger. If the image you are trying to use is wider than it is tall, the sides will have to be cropped.

Upvote 0
I can't seem to get a picture to fit the actual lockscreen on the Driod Eris. If I save a picture from the internet, the entire picture wont fit. I can't use any wallpaper apps that I have downloaded, they are all just for the background. (If there are any apps that does lockscreens let me know.) I dont know If im being stupid but I just cant get a picture for my lockscreen. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. Thank you

For the lock screen:
1. from your home screen select the menu button
2. select wallpaper
3. select lock screen
4. select your wallpaper.

It should not ask to size with the green box. Your wallpaper has to be 320x480 for the lock screen.
http://www.zedge.net/wallpapers/3704/htc-droid-eris-wallpapers/6-2-1/
try that link. They have hundreds of wallpapers already sized. I downloaded a few and tested them and they work perfect for the lock screen. The desktop however is a different story. I am still trying to figure that one out.

Upvote 0
You cant change the size of the green box, or the aspect ratio? Try draging the corner of the green box and see if it gets bigger. If the image you are trying to use is wider than it is tall, the sides will have to be cropped.
It doesn't let me change the size of the box either. I just resized my images to fit the screen :)

Upvote 0
It doesn't let me change the size of the box either. I just resized my images to fit the screen :)

After a serious brain freeze I figured out the whole wallpaper thing. I really felt like an idiot after I did.

Lock screens are 320x480 and take the whole screen.
Wallpapers are 640x480 and span across all 7 screens. Not just applied to each screen. Put a wallpaper that is 640x480 on your system. Like a photo of a car. Now pan from screen 1 to 7, you will see what I mean.

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones