• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Eris or Drid - the answer

I was given an extra week (I was on day 28 with the Eris )to make this decision due to a computer problem that shut down the Verizon store I was in to exchange my Eris for a Motorola Droid. In that time I read more then I had before, because like many of you, I was struggling with this decision.

The Eris that uploaded today, December 12th, cleared up any lag issues with the phone.
The Android 2.0 update that is due in early 2010 adds turn by turn navigation plus a few other features that the Moto Droid has.
and finally;

with the Eris "Less is actually More" and with the Moto Droid "More is really less"

After reading so many reviews on the Droid, I was all for it. I went to the Verizon store to check it out, and was pretty underwhelmed by how it felt in my hands. I looked at the Eris for a second, but didn't give it much thought because I always like to have the latest and greatest, and all I heard about Droid was 2.0, and Eris was 1.5, slower, smaller, etc. So I didn't even consider it.

Anyway, I passed on the Droid, deciding to think about it some more. Then the 2-for-1 Eris deal came, so I did a bit more looking into it, and luckily that very same day it was confirmed to get 2.0. So my sister and I went to check it out. I was surprised at how much I loved it, and how perfect it feels in my hands, and after playing around for a while we decided to go for it. And wow, I'm glad I did! I love this phone more and more every single day, haha...

I mean sure, I would like a faster processor, and more memory, etc... But the form factor on the Eris is just perfect, along with the SenseUI. The Droid was just too bulky for me (even though it is still quite small for what it is). Coming from the Razr2, and this being my first smartphone, I wanted something as close to that size as possible... The Eris fits the bill perfectly :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones