1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support HTC ERIS out of service area

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mushroomcake, Feb 28, 2013.

1. mushroomcake

mushroomcake New Member

Feb 28, 2013
    so i recently bought a used htc eris off of ebay (for verison) and i rooted it just to improve little things in the phone. (fix bluetooth, emulators, ect.) After this was going fine until one day i decided to download an app called "eris market fix" in hopes that it would allow some more freedom in the market. unfortunately, immediately after i downloaded it my phone lost not only its 3g but also all service. i then restarted and even hard reset it to no avail. i still could not make calls or connect to the 3g network or wifi. because i needed a phone, i reactivated my old phone in hopes that i could reactivate the eris again by calling *228 but whenever i try to make any phone call i get the error message "out of service area". i would really like to solve this problem without going to a verison store.
    any ideas are much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    The Eris market fix, as I recall, should not have affected your radio at all.

I'm stumped - this may just be a coincidence.

My best idea? There is a custom ROM that you can run that will restore the phone to complete stock, including flashing the Eris radio. (There used to be a link to the latest radio, but I believe that it's no longer valid.)

Download from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=792026

Read that post carefully, especially the part about flashing the radio.

What I would do is:

- download that and copy to SD
    - restart the phone in Recovery
    - Nand backup the phone as it is now (this will not affect the radio)
    - flash that file
    - restart the phone and set up again. See if the radio works. You should be able to tell right away - the phone will try to activate
    - re-root the phone. Use Scenario 5 from Scary Alien's post here for the easiest method: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...2-custom-recovery-trackball-not-required.html
    - restart in Recovery and Nand restore what you backed up in step 3

That should do it...