• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Eris screen protector

Never fully seats at the edges, in my experience.

Same problem here with the Verizon screens.

I ordered an Invisible Shield from Zagg, and I'm fairly happy with it. It took about 3 days to fully "set up" to where all of the micro bubbles disappeared. I got a little OCD installing it, and because of this, got a few specs of dust under the screen. What really bothers me is that part of the micro fiber cloth Zagg sent with it came off and got stuck under the screen.

It was only $15, so when I have time, I'm going to run by the Zagg kiosk and just pay to have them do it.

FYI....the Invisible Shield has NOT affected touch sensitivity in my experience. It does take away from the sharpness of the screen a little bit but not bad enough to take it off. I definitely thing the positives out-weigh the negatives.

Upvote 0
did you alls verizon screen protectors have a utterly impossible to get off sticker on them? mine had the tab on the back to peel off the plastic, then a ta on the front and a big square sticker in the middle that was REALLY hard to get off and left sticky residue on the protector i had to get it off with windex and a paper towel for like 30 minutes.

ETA: LMAO! what a dummy I am. All that complaining and I just noticed there was actually a protector, on the face of the protector that gets peeled off. I was tired of this (what i thought) was a super thick screen protector so i went to peel it off, and the protector of the screen protector actually came off.....seems to be all good now smh!

Upvote 0
did you alls verizon screen protectors have a utterly impossible to get off sticker on them? mine had the tab on the back to peel off the plastic, then a ta on the front and a big square sticker in the middle that was REALLY hard to get off and left sticky residue on the protector i had to get it off with windex and a paper towel for like 30 minutes.

ETA: LMAO! what a dummy I am. All that complaining and I just noticed there was actually a protector, on the face of the protector that gets peeled off. I was tired of this (what i thought) was a super thick screen protector so i went to peel it off, and the protector of the screen protector actually came off.....seems to be all good now smh!

lol i was about to say...did he take off the top protector? anyway i have the verizon cover on my phone and so far so good...on for over a week with no bubbles or lifting...my only complaint it that it doesn't cover the whole phone face i.e. just the bottom touch buttons to the top of the screen.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I just got my Eris yesterday and I'm loving it! I did buy the vz screen protector, I put it on but then it wouldn't register when I would touch the screen. Is there something I need to do to set it? I'm new to this whole smart phone thing as well as a touch screen phone, big learning curve. If you could help me out I'd appreciate it, I don't want to mess up the screen.

Upvote 0
So i read this thread for a proyector for my eris. I ordered from boxwave and was not happy at all. Shipping was extremely slow and the protector came bent. It was an antiglare screen protector. It felt nice but i didnt like how it made the screen look grainy and noisy. I am in the process of getting a full refund.

I looked at clarivue and saw the bbb's assesment of it and did not like what i saw.

So i went on amazon again with their *sarcasm* abundance of screen protectors *sarcasm*

I did find a very good protector by realook. I researched the company and theyre #1 in korea. So i thought to myself how could i go wrong? I LOVE these screen protectors. It came with 2 for $10 and theyre smooth to the touch and so far, no orange peel. There are absolutely no bubbles even if there is dust.

You cant tell its there either. There is no loss of responsiveness and the only place you can see it is at the very edge, like all protectors. The screen is just as bright and there is no distortion.

I can honestly say these are THE BEST screen protectors i have ever used.

Upvote 0
So i read this thread for a proyector for my eris. I ordered from boxwave and was not happy at all. Shipping was extremely slow and the protector came bent. It was an antiglare screen protector. It felt nice but i didnt like how it made the screen look grainy and noisy. I am in the process of getting a full refund.

I looked at clarivue and saw the bbb's assesment of it and did not like what i saw.

So i went on amazon again with their *sarcasm* abundance of screen protectors *sarcasm*

I did find a very good protector by realook. I researched the company and theyre #1 in korea. So i thought to myself how could i go wrong? I LOVE these screen protectors. It came with 2 for $10 and theyre smooth to the touch and so far, no orange peel. There are absolutely no bubbles even if there is dust.

You cant tell its there either. There is no loss of responsiveness and the only place you can see it is at the very edge, like all protectors. The screen is just as bright and there is no distortion.

I can honestly say these are THE BEST screen protectors i have ever used.

Upvote 0
Has anyone ever had any experience with the EZGuardz? They're very cheap on eBay, but have a legitimate website.

EZGuardz suck. They look great for a few days then start scuffing like crazy.

I said this in another post, but I have tried about 5 different ones now and the only one that is still holding up and looks great is Boxwave's ClearTouch Crystal. Had it on a few weeks now and looks as good as the day I put it on. No bubbles, no fuss getting it on the screen, just an all round good experience. $12.95 on amazon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones