1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

HTC Evo 2 - HTC Evo leaving Sprint??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaRayvn, Sep 4, 2011.

1. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i'm not so sure that i trust that site. they did not list any actual evidence of this happening. so only rumor for now.

9to5cynic likes this.
  3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

I kinda feel that "EVO" has become a branding in and of itself. HTC is top brand, EVO is sub brand. Kind of like "Droid". Droid, Droid 2, Droid X.... Evo, Evo Shift, Evo 3D...

That kind of branding isn't one of my favorites, but I guess whatever HTC wants to do.

(All that was typed waiting for the page to load so I could be an educated poster, and not just posting nonsense)

Hmm... that's looking like a very nice phone. I hope they stay with sprint. Not to get into a whole ethics / consumer's rights thing here - but I find sprint to be one of the more 'honest' carriers. I don't feel like I'm being played or scammed with sprint.

And it'd be nice if manufacturers supported carriers with unlimited (and not throttled) data. We need our data!

4. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

Also I herd that the goverment was possibly stoping the tmobile merger. but i like the specs on that phone. and also im kinda suprised on the Itunes sync. seems apple would stop that even tho there are always ways around that.

5. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

If the stats are correct on the phone, they would get a huge number of sales just from upgrades from Evo's on Sprints network. I hope they stay as well, but I might consider a switch to ATT if it goes there.

6. DaRayvn

i dont like rumors lol

7. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

I heard that too, but then I didn't hear anything else about it.

Which is good, we need more carriers. A little competition keeps the companies from screwing the customers.

8. ocnbrze

i really hope they do. it will drive all the prices up and make it worse for everybody. i would pissed if i was a tmobile customer.

9. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Wouldn't that leave just Verizon, AtTmobile, and sprint. I'm not forgetting anyone am I?

That would just suck. Sprint would probably really suffer, I don't know how they could compete with the two giant corporations. Seems like Verizon absorbed another carrier a few years back...

Sketchy time ahead.

10. DaRayvn

i dunno if you'd throw boost mobile in there?? its just verizon and alltel i thought....i saw something awhile back about verizon possibly buying out U.S. Cellular...dunno if it happened...

11. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

I thought boost and virgin mobile were with sprint....

12. DaRayvn

yah i think ur right....now that i think about it the sprint retailers sell boost...although i havent seen them sell virgin mobile phones..

13. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Hmm.. I don't think I've seen virgin mobile for sale anywhere.... lol. Where do they come from?!
    :O

14. ocnbrze

DaRayvn likes this.
  15. DaRayvn

lol i have...they have a boatload of them at walmart...even have virgin mobile blackberry...that thing has got to chew up the pre-paid cards lol

16. ocnbrze

argedion likes this.
  17. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Good news!
    And good find.

18. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Not Sure I would put a whole lot of weight into HTC EVO leaving Sprint. I'm no lawyer but I do know that Sprint has an Agreement with HTC and the EVO "Brand" I'm sure that Sprint has first crack at anything "EVO" Its more than likely tied in a contract. Not saying that it wont happen. It was Sprint after all that introduced 4g.

Also Remember Sprint turned down Apple for the iPhone to support the EVO so it really doesnt make since that HTC would offer the EVO on another network.

However Microsoft did tell IBM to take OS2 and stuff it so they could put out Winblows

19. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

My tears will be plenty if Evo leaves sprint. I will not go back to Verizon until they stop being greedy little whores. 30$ per line data charge? Everyone complains about sprint charging 10$ per line.
    I would rather be on 3g with unlimited data then pay 20$ more a month per line on my 3 phones for 4G 5gb per month. That is more then I pay for home internet through U-Verse 20/1.5mb that feeds me, my wife, and 3 kids computers on top of feeding the living room HTPC and the magicjack telephone (we have cells a cheap ass home phone was the concept)

20. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

EVO is just the sprint name. HTC named this phone the Supersonic. Check in hboot, it's listed as the Supersonic.

21. Frogbone

Frogbone Well-Known Member

This is a very old article. Look at the bottom, there is a 2 months old comment.

I highly doubt there is anything to it.

argedion, ocnbrze and novox77 like this.
  22. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

The article likely came out before the Evo 3D's release. It was obviously wrong with the release date and the specs. What garbage. Don't ever trust an article that doesn't disclose the publish date.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews