1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC EVO 3D pre-orders at RadioShack thread.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akayareal, May 17, 2011.

1. akayareal

akayareal Member
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    New York

Advertisement

2. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    Is it bad that I'm considering getting a 2nd pre-order through Radio Shack? Just in case... :D

3. drexappeal

drexappeal Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    For what reason?

4. Sketchr

Sketchr Android Enthusiast
    None

May 28, 2010
    Male
    Safety net. In case the first retailer doesn't follow through with holding the handset for the customer and not selling it first come first serve.

5. drexappeal

drexappeal Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    If you pre-ordered with Best Buy, as long as it's a decent sized Best Buy, you're normally guaranteed a phone on the release day.

I remember there being HUGE concerns about lack of stock when the EVO 4G was being pre-ordered, but from my recollection, everyone that pre-ordered was able to get their phone on the release day and those that couldn't go in to pick up the pre-order on release day had a 2 day window where they could go pick the phone up.

6. Evo_luv

Evo_luv Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    South Texas
    Does anyone know if the $50 is fully refundable with Radio Shack like they are with BB?

BigdaddyPooh likes this.
  7. burgertime

burgertime Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 13, 2010
    Social Media Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Yep just got a call..the manager said that he was sure it wouldn't be till the end of June and that if you trade in your Evo and it's in perfect condition you get $180 back.

drexappeal likes this.
  8. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    FL
    I got my evo last year at RS, and I remember I missed out on the first week, but a week later, I went down there, pre ordered it, and they called me a day later...

9. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert
    None

I'll probably pre-order it from RadioShack, maybe tomorrow morning actually. I think it was only like 50 bucks down so no biggie. They did a good job last year for the 4G.

10. fishnugget

fishnugget Member
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Thats right folks, I went in to my local Radioshack to reserve my EVO 3D and the sale person printed out a receipt asked for my call back number to reach me, and gave me his card with his number in case he was not at the store. I thought he was going to charge me for the gift card but he never did and sent me away.

I looked at my receipt that he gave me and I was third in line for the EVO 3D.

So did I get lucky or am I screwed? :thinking:

It says on the receipt its reserved under my name with my phone number.

11. Sketchr

Sketchr Android Enthusiast
    None

May 28, 2010
    Male
    I don't think you got lucky. Since he didn't charge you for the card, it's likely the card is also not activated-so you won't be getting a $50 freebie. Not sure if that means your reserve is legit or not. If it were me, I would look into it to be sure.

12. ImpulsebuyerNy

None

May 27, 2011
    Occupational Therapy
    New York
    Was in RS yesterday talking with my good friend who works there since the Evo 4G release .. said that the Evo will prob be more than the $100 trade in everyone is speculating and that more than likely the 24th they will have them in, but wasn't overly confident either about it -

Also on the pre-order receipt where does it say where you stand in terms of the place in line? The only thing i see at the bottom is something that says total objects sold or something like that and it says 4 (which means i guess means i am preorder #4) not bad .... For ythe op above it says on the receipt you need that and the RS 50$ gift card in order to obtain your phone, you may want to go back and get that before the 21st

Last year for the Evo i was there at 8am the minute they opened and there was two other people already there hooking up the Evo's ... i don't think RS's are known for crazy lines like maybe BB and Sprint which is why i keep going back there...as i remember correctly within a half hour i was enjoying my Evo and driving past BB and Sprint stores (literally 2 mins down the road) wow-ing over the lines formed realizing they weren't even open yet!

13. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    that was last year... after all the hype about RS and "no one waiting" they will be sure to be there this year. RS has also done some pre 3D ads and now with this 100 dollar trade in gimmick they are sure to get more people in....

14. LxMxFxD

LxMxFxD Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    I just called my local RS and indeed, they ARE taking pre-orders with $50 RS gift card purchase. Guy I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable about whole process. He actually did say that official release date is June 24, but that the price is still not set. He speculated $199 but could be $249 with full upgrade.

He also said some weird stuff about only $89/mo+ plans being available for full upgrades now. I called sprint to double check (im on the standard $69.99+$10 fee plan) and she said she had never heard of that new rule. Some who are looking to upgrade from the 4G who got it on launch day might want to double check with sprint before buying that $50 card.

15. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2009
    Miami FL
    Since I also got my reservationg at Radio Shack and being saturday and have nothing better to do I called my Local RadioShack here in Miami FL . I asked about the date of release and the guy with no hesitation told me June 24 . Seems like its definitely that day . 20 more days can't wait to play with my new toy !

16. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert
    None

Yeah I don't know which number I was last year, but this year I'm number one :) You bet I'll be the first one in line too, since I don't work that day until 3pm.

Last year I worked 7am to 3pm and I had told them that prior but they still left me voicemails and stuff saying that my phone was there. I went right after work and got it. They are pretty good at what they do IMO.

17. Groty

Groty Member
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Having to place a second pre-order. Flying home on the 23rd, so family is going to the local store to pre-order there. I'll just both Gift Cards on the phone. Really wish it was earlier though.

18. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    I went in today to pre-order and the guy new nothing about the trade-in deal, or anything about the E3D for that matter. He said he'd call me when he got more info about it.

He did say however, that no one else had come in to pre-order it yet. I also asked him how many phones he expected to get, or how many new phones they usually get when a new one comes out and he said only 3-4, but they get shipments in once a week.

19. LxMxFxD

LxMxFxD Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    Perhaps evo3d isn't nearly as big as the 4g launch. My radioshack had about 40 last year. How do I know? Because when sprint's system got slammed and took their computers offline because of activations, I had to wait there for hours while the RS guys did phone activations, so I saw a good 8 go out before I left and when I came back about another 8. Guy told me I was one of the last to finally pick it up and he had done about 40 that day.

20. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    Wow.. 40 was a huge number for any retailer at the time of the EVO 4G release. Surprised the shack got that kind of supply. It took me a few weeks to get the EVO.. I got it at best buy about 3weeks after launch. When I picked it up that glorious night, the bb rep told me this was one of 3 left out of the 40 they received that day... and this was weeks after launch. My girl got it on launch day at a local Phoenix Shack where she pre ordered.... it was one of only a few.. they said they only got a handful in.
    Id be surprised if your Radio Shack case was typical of most Radio Shack stores.

21. g0at23

g0at23 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2011
    i'm curious to know how RS determines the list for pre-orders? Or if they do have numbers at all... My reciept says "items sold 4" like the other guy. Anyone have ideas?

22. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2009
    Miami FL
    mines specifically said for the evo 3d . and they even made a copy of the receipt and put my info in another paper they had for reservations only .

marctronixx likes this.
  23. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    I preordered today, my rs said they will ship as many as preordered, and said nothing about changing plans with full upgrade

24. hperry

hperry Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    sucks, i pre-ordered yesterday at RS only to see the news today that premier customers will be able to order on the 21st. would rather just do that.

also, the RS sales guy said they can still do the trick on family plans to leverage another line's upgrade status in order to upgrade your number but he said due to some changes in rules, it now takes away your ability to return the phone to RS within 30 days. anyone know about this? is it true?

25. hperry

hperry Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    BTW, the receipt says "total items sold: 4" because there are four SKUs in the receipt and 4 items were technically sold in that transaction.

Vanquished and marctronixx like this.
Tags: