• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 3D pre-orders at RadioShack thread.

I just got a call from Radio Shack, which is where I originally got my Evo. The manager said that they would give me $100 credit towards the purchase of the Evo 3D, which would make it $99. She said that she would NEED ME IN THE STORE to check out the phone, and to THEN find out if I am eligible for a full upgrade. I called Sprint and they said that I WAS eligible for an upgrade and would enter it into their "back office" so that it would be viewable to a 3rd party vendor.

So it looks like I can get the new Evo 4G 3D for $99 from Radio Shack.

Anyone know of a better deal? Is it worth upgrading to? Do all of the accessories I purchased for the Evo 4G work with the new phone? I spent $49 for a Seidio case and holster that I am pretty sure I won't be able to use.

As always, I am grateful for the positive responses of the nice folks on this forum.

Haze

Upvote 0
I just got a call from Radio Shack, which is where I originally got my Evo. The manager said that they would give me $100 credit towards the purchase of the Evo 3D, which would make it $99. She said that she would NEED ME IN THE STORE to check out the phone, and to THEN find out if I am eligible for a full upgrade. I called Sprint and they said that I WAS eligible for an upgrade and would enter it into their "back office" so that it would be viewable to a 3rd party vendor.

Anyone know of a better deal? Is it worth upgrading to? Do all of the accessories I purchased for the Evo 4G work with the new phone? I spent $49 for a Seidio case and holster that I am pretty sure I won't be able to use.

As always, I am grateful for the positive responses of the nice folks on this forum.

Haze

I've heard the $100 is just to get you in the store. If your phone is in good condition, this number could be higher.

Reactions: BigHAZE
Upvote 0

Haze

I sold mine on Craigslist for $220 with the case.

Upvote 0
Anyone get any officially door opening times for Friday yet? I am going to stop in my local tomorrow to see what the deal is as i haven't heard anything from them yet -

Also was wondering if anyone thinks they would have the HTC kickstand case available - i know its a long shot but that would be sweet to land that too on release day!

**Whats funny is that i think my Evo 4G knows its on its way out, literally never had one problem from release day one last year and now since the gingerbread update my phone keeps restarting itself and even has frozen to the point of a battery pull a couple times ... **

Upvote 0
**Whats funny is that i think my Evo 4G knows its on its way out, literally never had one problem from release day one last year and now since the gingerbread update my phone keeps restarting itself and even has frozen to the point of a battery pull a couple times ... **
I've had a few problems along with the light leak and screen lift. But nothing bad. My EVO has been simply awesome since I rooted and put CyanogenMOD on it. I'm almost sad to see if go to my wife.

Upvote 0
Anyone get any officially door opening times for Friday yet? I am going to stop in my local tomorrow to see what the deal is as i haven't heard anything from them yet -

Also was wondering if anyone thinks they would have the HTC kickstand case available - i know its a long shot but that would be sweet to land that too on release day!

The RS near me is opening at 9 and they said I could pick it up then. They did say they'd be calling me closer to release but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Upvote 0
The RS near me is opening at 9 and they said I could pick it up then. They did say they'd be calling me closer to release but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

I was hoping for an 8am release time since I have to be @ work by 9am so looks like if thats the case its after work pickup for me :(

They did an 8am for the Evo 4G at my local where I am getting the 3D hopefully it will be the same routine! :eek: I guess i will find out tomorrow and report back -

Upvote 0
So...my wife and I are all set to go here in our ne ohio shack. Although we did get a call today that they have the accessory list in and no kickstand cases on launch day...but there WILL be otterbox defender cases. So I'm getting one of those since that's what I wanted anyways. So all is good. Oh almost forgot he said that there is no 50 dollar accessories credit (like I was originally told when preordering). This is a deal breaker for me but oh well I'm already invested 100 bucks in rs gift cards.

Upvote 0
I had started a thread about the early upgrade at Radio shack, but can't seem to find it.

Anyway, Radio Shack called me awhile ago and said that ANYBODY who bought the evo 4G on launch could upgrade for $200 regardless of when their upgrade was due, and regardless of premier status, etc.

I'm not the main account, so I normally qualify for yearly upgrades, so I took the offer. So I went in today, and Radio Shack said Sprint changed the deal, it only works for gold premier members (which isn't a deal, since they could get a yearly upgrade anyway and would have been eligible if they have bought the Evo at launch). They refunded my gift card preorder no problem.

I checked with Sprint, they said that deal never existed.

Not sure who to believe, since neither side really had anything to gain, but if you were looking to upgrade early from the 4G to the 3D, it won't work, unless you are gold premier of course.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones