• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc EVO 3D will not turn on after being plugged in overnight

Do you mean to say "draining" or "raining"?

Are you rooted?

what carrier are you using?

did you install or uninstall anything prior to this happening?

are you the only user of this phone or is it a refurbished model?

something to try: leave the battery out for 5 minutes. reinsert and let the phone and battery charge. just leave it alone. see if the phone recognizes...

I ALWAYS had my phone on charge overnight every day i used the phone so that is not the reason.

Upvote 0
I did mean raining, and was actually an electric storm
I just bought the phone on june 1st, it isnt rooted
I couldnt use the phone after that happened
I did try leaving the battery out fot a while and reinsert it but didnt work
I even tried to restar the phone (completely) but couldnt get the boot menu

Upvote 0
first word of advice...don't leave your phone plugged in overnight, I never understand people that do this...it only takes a couple of hours to charge, then after that its doing more harm than good...

No its not once fully charged and not unplugged it drains the battery and tops it up.... Try it....

Int

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
What carrier?

I doubt the rain had anything to do with it. Did any other electrical equipment experience any issues after the storm?

Does the LED lamp come on at all?

And just so I am clear, do you have spare EVO batteries thaat you tried and the handset did not even power up with them?
Are those batteries good?

If you cannot get the device to power up, sounds like a trip to the service shop is in order.

You do have insurance yes?
Where did you purchase? If you just bought it june 1st, its possible its probably not new since the EVOs have been discontinued on the Sprint site.

did you purchase second hand? if this is a second hand device, the original owner could have done something to physically mess up the device.
and if it IS second hand, are you sure its not rooted? have you verified its not rooted?

Lots of questions here but just trying to get on the same page with you... its hard to diagnose over the internet so many questions are needed to be asked/answered.

I did mean raining, and was actually an electric storm
I just bought the phone on june 1st, it isnt rooted
I couldnt use the phone after that happened
I did try leaving the battery out fot a while and reinsert it but didnt work
I even tried to restar the phone (completely) but couldnt get the boot menu

Upvote 0
Im talking about my dads evo, we have the same device, mine works so we tried exchanging the batteries, and both batteries worked, but my dads handset did not seem to work with ony of those.
Im from mexico, i bought the phone in boxtech co. and im pretty sure its not second hand. No other electric equipment damage. And im trying to get an opinion before sending it to the service shop

Upvote 0
the EVO 3D is no longer in production. Ive not heard of the shop you purchased the device so I will take you at your word that its new.

the original EVO battery is not designed to work in the 3D.

if the unit can not even power on, there is nothing to check to see what else could be the problem. you are better off going to a htc repair facility in your area and have them smoke it over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones