• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 4G ads?

dsarch21

Apr 28, 2010
New Jersey
Has anyone seen a EVO commercial or anything? I mean, phone is coming out in about 3 weeks and I haven't seen any advertising??

I have told about 4-5 people that i have pre order the EVO and they all go, 'HUH?'

anyway, i wanna get pumped up and see some cool commercials, when do you think they will hit? 2 weeks out? 1 week?

Has anyone seen a EVO commercial or anything? I mean, phone is coming out in about 3 weeks and I haven't seen any advertising??

I have told about 4-5 people that i have pre order the EVO and they all go, 'HUH?'

anyway, i wanna get pumped up and see some cool commercials, when do you think they will hit? 2 weeks out? 1 week?

Well, I have yet to see a HTC Incredible ad. But Verizon is still running Moto Droid ads like crazy. (At least in my area.)

Upvote 0
Sprint will most likely start ads by at least the NASCAR All-Star race. I think that's next weekend. They use that race as a giant promotional event.

NBA WCF and ECF start on Sunday. ECF is up first, so maybe they'll dump some money into the ad slots while the ECF is on ABC! Should be perfect timing.

Considering TNT Overdrive stream was sponsored by Sprint and plastered with EVO ads, I'd imagine we'll be seeing more on there as well. WCF is on TNT tomorrow and even though T-Mobile has a deal with the NBA, Sprint can still by ad time during the best part of the NBA season!...Especially once the Finals come around, it should be perfect timing for the EVO release!

Upvote 0
I haven't seen any EVO ads, but I hope they start soon because I'm talking to everyone about how excited I am about this phone coming out and they have no idea what I'm talking about. Then when I tell them the features, they all go "Yea, that sounds cool". So Sprint should start soon and get the awareness up. Even saying that, I know people have said they've seen Incredible ads, I haven't seen any ads on TV. I only see Incredible ads on the net.

Upvote 0
I have had my Epic 4G for about a week and love it. But why on Sprint's on site do they have more ads for the EVO? In my local corporate store there's banners and signs for the EVO everywhere. In a local Radio Shack there's a huge banner for the EVO hanging down over the cell phones. By the counter there is another display for Sprint with booklets showing their plans and a big sign on that display for the EVO. I was there to buy an Epic and two people came in to buy the EVO. I rarely see Epic commericals on TV but EVO commercials everywhere.

WHY? The AMOLED screen was the huge deciding factor for me. Why is everyone pushing the EVO so much over the Epic?

Upvote 0
Exactly, the evo is the flagship andriod phone for sprint. Also if sprint push the epic, then its doing samsung a favor because they have the galaxy s line over all major carriers. And as many said, the evo is what they put all their chips in with and its not failing like the linstinct. Trust me, everyone knows what an evo is and only the tech geeks knows about the epic. so sprint will keep reminding them about the evo.

Upvote 0
So after 7 months since I got my evi, I rooted, got a replacement cause I dropped it from a second floor and a lot updates and good games and apps for android still looks like a# 1 phone from sprint and for most people as well, what you guys think?

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blo...-outed-in-rolling-stone/thumb_550_htc-4g_ad1/
Here is the latest HTC ad , it shows 2 new phones coming to att and verizon and the Evo stands strong. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, personally I haven't seen anything that's coming out soon that can compete with the evo. I work at the sprint corporate office in kc and I work one floor below r & d, they talk about the new stuff we're getting all the time, and I can tell you that I will be holding onto my evo for a while. Love this thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones