1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Evo 4g and sneaky ways to chat?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cyberpine, Jan 13, 2012.

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    We just gave use a Evo 4g to one of the kids.. it has lots of social aps natively installed like Gtalk, Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. Since not rooted, we can't deinstall these apps.

His account is a gmail account and at some point we tested google chat. so we can now see that he is on the phone from our gmail on web, but he seems to be on the phone all hours of the day at school, but is saying he is not. At home if he leave the phone alone , it does not show as active in GTalk.

If the phone is stock with no 3rd party downloads.. Besides these mentioned social Aps is there some sneaky way to chat from the phone with other phones or emails without using SMS, Email or the Browser?

The Android System Logs only go back an hour so I can't tell what he is doing.

Also, I noticed I can no longer find Flickr on the phone, but it is there under manage Apps. Is there a native way to hide applications?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    I'm curious to why you gave the kid a phone if your that untrusting of the child. Anyway sorry none of my business

I know if you search the market you can find some programs to help spy on your kid. Also What I did with my oldest (youngest doesnt have a phone) is we made her turn in her phone before going to bed and she got it back after school. I can also say this if they suspect your snooping they will always borrow a friends phone and text what they want to who they want. There is no real way to control them. Something I had to learn.

I don't believe there is a native way to hide apps but most launchers (GO, ADW, Launcher Pro) all have it in their settings to allow you to hide apps. Maybe someone can set me straight if wrong about the native way.

Also if you was to root the phone you could remove a bunch of the apps on it that you don't want him to have however he will be using a rooted phone so he will be able to hide more as well. I also know that sprint offers a family locator program that uses GPS to show you where the phone is.

Tags: