1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

htc evo 4g bost mobile safe rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nitkov, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nitkov

nitkov Lurker

Hello everyone,
    I'm new here as well as to rooting/flashing. First of all thank you for many useful information here.
    I recently purchased htc evo 4g flashed to boost mobile, it's rooted. In about phone section displays android version 2.3.3; kernel version 2.6.35.10; build number 4.53.651.1 CL 133994 release keys. I have made a backup using ROM manager. I was wondering what ROM is safe to install and will I loose boost mobile service/data if I do this. I apologize if this is posted somewhere already & in that case can you please point me in right direction. Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alexandroid5

alexandroid5 Android Enthusiast

you can flash any rom and your talk, text, and web will work, the only problem will be your mms. im flashed to metro not boost but i have seen some people say they can receive mms but not send. To get it to work on Metro i have to flash scripts that come with a modified mms.apk so mms will work perfectly but since not many people are flashed to boost i dont think there is a fix yet (i could be wrong so you can just google it) but yea you can flash any rom without having to worry :D

nitkov and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

and i do not recommend on using rom manager. it is way to buggy and has been known to create more issues then it is worth. i would do everything manually.

and unfortunately i have not an experience with boost.

nitkov likes this.
  4. nitkov

nitkov Lurker

It seems I'm stuck with ROM manager bc I tried switching to Amon Ra recovery and phone was just constantly looping through loading screen. Any suggestions?I was able to boot backup ROM through ClockworkMod recovery though. Thank you.

5. ocnbrze

there are a few ways to switch recoveries. the easiest way is to use rom manager to switch you. the other way is to use this guide:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. just go to the switching recoveries section.

nitkov likes this.
  6. nitkov

nitkov Lurker

That is the one I used already & phone got suck looping on boot up. I'm just a noob and thought this would be fun to play with but I can see now this is for skillful people only, I better stay away from it before I destroy my phone. I really appreciate your help, time & effort though.

7. singlecamin

singlecamin Newbie

use rom manager to flash the rom you want .. you will not lose your flash...talk text and data will work but mms is lil tricky download and install APN backup .open it up. back up your apn and restore it with a boost apn you can email me if you want it singlecamin@aim.com after your boost apn is restored download (go sms pro) navigate to setting, advanced , mms setting.. scroll down to APN CONFIG change the MMSC to : http://mm.myboostmobile.com.....MMSproxy i left blank and MMS port Is 80 and you should be able to receive and send pics with the GO SMS APP good luck

nitkov likes this.
  8. ocnbrze

the issue is not flashing the rom, but using rom manager. it is just does not wipe well and thus creates a lot of issues. it really is not worth using it other then to switch recoveries. it is much better to do things manually in recovery anyways. plus rom manager needs to have clockwork mod recovery in order to flash things. clockwork mod is also not really a good recovery as well. amon ra is the preferred recovery.

nitkov likes this.
  9. alexandroid5

alexandroid5 Android Enthusiast

If you go all the way to the bottom of Rom manager it has the option to install another recovery. You won't be able to use rom manager but it will install amon ra for you

nitkov, frenchy714 and ocnbrze like this.
  10. nitkov

nitkov Lurker

Thank you for very informative response. I successfully flashed cm7.0.2.1 rom following your suggestions, but it seems there is no market application, so I'll have to do some more research to work around this one. I really appreciate your help.

11. nitkov

nitkov Lurker

Ok, found GAPPS, mms working, THANK YOU. Only thing is with this rom that my 3g signal is much weaker. Will try SOS rom later & compare it. Thanks everyone for your help & patience.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews