• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC EVO 4G case "cracking issue"

I do not handle my phone rough, and have not dropped it.

This has happened to all 3 HTC EVO phones ive ever had. I do not use a case protector and i don't want to. This is not normal though.

If you look closely it looks like the plastic cracks then chunks of plastic eventually flake off. Its really weird and im sick of it!

Is this happening to anyone else?

Attachments

• SAM_1339.JPG
    SAM_1339.JPG
    806.3 KB · Views: 75
  • SAM_1341.JPG
    SAM_1341.JPG
    777.6 KB · Views: 26
  • SAM_1342.JPG
    SAM_1342.JPG
    599.6 KB · Views: 48
  • SAM_1343.JPG
    SAM_1343.JPG
    603.1 KB · Views: 44
  • SAM_1344.JPG
    SAM_1344.JPG
    614.9 KB · Views: 36
  • SAM_1345.JPG
    SAM_1345.JPG
    655.9 KB · Views: 42
I do not handle my phone rough, and have not dropped it.

This has happened to all 3 HTC EVO phones ive ever had. I do not use a case protector and i don't want to. This is not normal though.

If you look closely it looks like the plastic cracks then chunks of plastic eventually flake off. Its really weird and im sick of it!

Is this happening to anyone else?

I've had mine in an otter box ever since I got it. I've dropped it several times and I have no cracks, chips, or worn spots. I find it hard to believe that your not having some kind of issue and 3 of your phones just started doing this. How do you carry the phone? in a pocket? is pocket empty or do you carry other things in them?

Upvote 0
I've had mine in an otter box ever since I got it. I've dropped it several times and I have no cracks, chips, or worn spots. I find it hard to believe that your not having some kind of issue and 3 of your phones just started doing this. How do you carry the phone? in a pocket? is pocket empty or do you carry other things in them?

I usually carry my phone in my pocket, and put nothing else in that pocket. I can't figure out why they keep doing this. Im thinking maybe I should be using an otter box case, but im one of those people who prefer phones without cases.

Not sure what I should do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones