1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories htc evo 4g extended battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akapapo, Jul 8, 2011.

1. akapapo

akapapo Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    Okay so i need some help......I got this extended 3500mAh Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery and when I place it into my phone the battery status in the top right corner turns red with an "!" in it and i don't know why. Also, when I put the battery in and try to charge it nothing seems to happen except when I turn it off the lights at the top of the phone alternate from orange to green over and over and I don't know why cause its just supposed to be orange while it's charging and green when its fully charged on the charger. So if anybody could help i would really appreciate it....

Also, when I put the regular battery back into the phone everything is fine and how it should be so I really dont know what the problem with the extended battery is...

Advertisement

2. Modolla

Modolla Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    That battery sounds like it is going to ruin your phone, I wouldn't use it.

3. rambo47

rambo47 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    Denville, NJ.
    Was is a cheap knockoff battery, or one from a reputable seller like SeidioOnline? If it was Seidio you can return it for an exchange. They have great customer service. If it was some cheap-o chinese junk, you're hosed. Throw it away and buy a good one from somebody reputable.

4. Tyler Perez

Tyler Perez Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Male
    Web Developer
    Orange County
    sounds like a Chinese battery that was not shipped properly.

I've noticed that when these batteries are not shipped properly... they'e been know to short circuit... I doubt it will hurt your phone, but I also doubt you'll get it to work... I would just try another one from a different company...

Tags: