1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

htc evo 4g full flash cricket/metro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kc720, Jun 5, 2010.

1. kc720

kc720 Newbie

evo 4g has been flashed to cricket and metro. full internet access. no mms yet, but it is a work in progress

YouTube - htc evo 4g flashed to cricket

video of it in action with cricket service on 40$ rateplan

2. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

does this require rooting?

3. 80s_kid

80s_kid Well-Known Member

Well I guess that's good news to cricket and metro users. But they won't be able to do 4g. I know a few people that this will be good news for. My friends wife was playing with my Evo and she asked me if they had it for cricket lol, I just told her that somebody will flash it. Thanks for the video, the guy should've used a better cam.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

4. qazwsx16

qazwsx16 Lurker

So...how did he flash it? I'm getting the evo real soon once my plan with att ends, but I need to know how to flash it.

5. ap3604

ap3604 Android Enthusiast

Does anyone have a step tutorial they can type on how to do this?

pls pls pls pls :eek:

6. th3b055x

th3b055x Newbie

Should be real easy to do, all you need in an Evo with Root to get a full flash including apps. I have not done it, but it should be very similar to the HTC Hero and Motorola Droid. Head over to Howardforums, in one of the Cricket sub-forums, there is a good detailed guy to do it.

Good alternative if you do not live in a 4G market. I was going to do it, but I have 4G almost everywhere I commute :)

7. fritzel67

fritzel67 Member

Flashing a Cricket PRL will get you talk and text. Then use the autostart/u2nl solution for the Eris/Hero to get web and market apps. The only solution I've seen for Cricket/Metro MMS on the Evo is to use a custom ROM (the APN backup/restore and telephony.db modifications as were used on the Eris/Hero don't seem to work on the Evo so far). If you're receiving any Data Call Failure errors (code 98) you need to tweak your QPST settings (removing/renaming Sprint apk or odex files won't fix it).

8. Uzomania

Uzomania Lurker

i just bought a evo and i want to flash it into metro with everything working. what softwares did you use

9. Forbidden62

Forbidden62 Lurker

I have an Evo that's already flashed to cricket. The only thing is that i have no internet and mms...would anyone know how to fix this without using the computer...any help would be appreciated thanks...

10. djjuls305

djjuls305 Newbie

i have an evo flashed with only talk and text. getting web and mms done for 50$ by metro themselves. you can use metros 4g with the evo. i seen many videos of it being done. its fast too

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews