• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc evo 4g full flash cricket/metro

Well I guess that's good news to cricket and metro users. But they won't be able to do 4g. I know a few people that this will be good news for. My friends wife was playing with my Evo and she asked me if they had it for cricket lol, I just told her that somebody will flash it. Thanks for the video, the guy should've used a better cam.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Should be real easy to do, all you need in an Evo with Root to get a full flash including apps. I have not done it, but it should be very similar to the HTC Hero and Motorola Droid. Head over to Howardforums, in one of the Cricket sub-forums, there is a good detailed guy to do it.

Good alternative if you do not live in a 4G market. I was going to do it, but I have 4G almost everywhere I commute :)

Upvote 0
Flashing a Cricket PRL will get you talk and text. Then use the autostart/u2nl solution for the Eris/Hero to get web and market apps. The only solution I've seen for Cricket/Metro MMS on the Evo is to use a custom ROM (the APN backup/restore and telephony.db modifications as were used on the Eris/Hero don't seem to work on the Evo so far). If you're receiving any Data Call Failure errors (code 98) you need to tweak your QPST settings (removing/renaming Sprint apk or odex files won't fix it).

Does anyone have a step tutorial they can type on how to do this?

pls pls pls pls :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones