• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 4G Gets Some Plan Information

you guys are reading too much into this.... they say what plans are NOT compatible with the evo:

this applies to every smart phone.... there isn't going to be a "EVO only" plan... simply everything's will work just fine. when they say a bundled package is required, that is exactly what they mean, that is what a simply everything plan is, a bundled package, with voice, data, text, and everything else you need for a smartphone...

Boomer!

Upvote 0
I dont understand what "designed for EVo" means. Our BB Tours chew up data just as much as an EVO phone will. Also where i live (Tallahassee) there will be no 4g coverage in a while. So if theyre making a new plan, it better not apply to with me and my purchase because 4g doesnt apply to me. So my "everything data family plan" better be good.

Read the post above yours.

Upvote 0
I have to agree, A sales representative in Sam's Club actually told me that the Evo will come out at the end of September just to sell me a inferior phone. I don't trust this representative to come out with the the truth. I do however trust a particular representative in Best Buy, he actually have tried to tell me what he really knows, which is not much. :)

Upvote 0
Unless you want the hotspot app your plans will not cost you more..

YOUR PLANS WILL NOT COST YOU MORE. They will change in the system. BUT THEY WILL NOT COST YOU MORE..

ONLY THE HOTSPOT APP is RUMORED TO COST YOU MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAHHHOOOOOOGGAAAA!

How's that for a siren? :)

Everything data plan people. Stop freaking out.
What's the possibility that some iPhone fan-boys are working this rumor about "Special bundles"?

Reactions: eieio
Upvote 0
who writes these things lol, simply everything plan takes care of everything ... no need to get crazy ...

I may be wrong, but I believe that the 4G with tethering would come with a slight premium in price in addition to the standard plan prices. If so, I hope it wouldn't be an outrageous increase. I may take a $10 increase but that's about it for me. I would explore other avenues if it would be more than $10 simply because I've been wasting all this time and stress over a phone I wouldn't be getting.

Upvote 0
Your "Sprint Rep" knows nothing because nothing has been released to him. You can be assured that if something had been released about plans, it would be published by the many Android sites.

that's not necessarily true and the rep. might in fact have some of this info.

sprint is currently training their "advocate" employees on the phones. this started late last week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones