1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC EVO 4G "hangs" on "4G" screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bobhpete, May 5, 2012.

1. bobhpete

bobhpete Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012
    I am outside the US and "suspended" my phone before I left Miami. It worked fine for many weeks using wifi and even gps but one day it just stopped. I had been trying to get online using the wifi provided by a local bank but even though the signal was excellent I was not able to get online. I finally just gave up, shut of the wifi and did not try anything else. When I got home and tried to access my notes it seemed to be dead so I plugged it in to charge it. After quite a while I tried to turn it on. It seemed to be starting displaying the Sprint screen with the musical tones but when it got to the screen that displays a large "4G" it just stayed there and went no further. I tried to turn it off but it would not respond so I removed the battery... waited for a while... reinserted the battery and "turned it on". It did the same as described above... got to that "4G" display and stopped there. Is it looking for SPRINT in order to go farther? If so then I will just wait until I return to Miami and turn it on. I tried emailing SPRINT but they just gave me a number to call to set up International Calling! I told them that I DO NOT WANT TO CALL... just want to use wifi and access my notes. Ideas?

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    It should not be looking for a network as it doesn't need it to boot the phone. Is the Phone Rooted? If So what ROM? Kernel? If you can get into recovery you can try to wipe cache and dalvic.

If phone isn't rooted then you will have to do a factory reset. All data will be lost. only data on sd card should be unaffected.

Tags: