1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Evo 4G memory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AvWeMet, Jun 3, 2011.

1. AvWeMet

AvWeMet Lurker
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    50% of my apps are on my phone memory and can not be transfered to the SD memory card and the Evo 4G doesn't have much internal memory space.Is there a fix or away around this issue ? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. TheFranchise216

None

Nov 19, 2010
    Florida
    I just got in my EVO today (what a say to get it with this 2.3 update going wild!). Quick question though.... I updated right off the bat, since it checked for updates on first launch, and before I even downloaded any of my own apps, I noticed I started out with less than 400MB of internal space. Needless to say, this bummed me out a bit. Is this normal for the EVO?

3. TheFranchise216

None

Nov 19, 2010
    Florida
    I think the only way around it is to root your phone. Mine is not so I could be wrong. The smart guys on here would know much more than I do.

I just posted about my memory too. Just got my phone today and it started out with less than 400MB of internal. Did yours do about the same?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    yep quite normal, unfortunately. htc sense takes up quite a bit of room internally. you can move some apps to your sd card to create a little more space, but even that the app is not really fully moved. a bit of it is left on the internal memory. the only way that i know to create more room is to root your phone. ther are a lot of roms out there that are really small in size. and there is a way to partition you card so that all of your apps will go there instead.

anyways congrats on getting an awesome phone.

TheFranchise216 likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    yep, the only way to really increase that is to partition your sd card and move your apps over. and the only way to do that is to root your phone.

by the way merging the two threads together.

6. TheFranchise216

None

Nov 19, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks for the response. I assumed as much but had my fingers crossed. I'll have to take some time and do some reading on rooting and see if I can pull it off without messing things up.

7. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    i used this guide http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies.html to root my evo with no problems. main thing is to read, read, and read. it is actually pretty hard to brick your phone. do not let the warnings change your mind about rooting. it is a pretty simple process. really the hardest part is getting the drivers installed on the computer. of course if you have questions or anything like that please feel free to ask questions here:EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums one thing though, if you except the OTA then you cannot root your phone at the moment. as usually the OTA's will close and previous exploits to root. it may take the devs sometime to find another exploit.

8. AvWeMet

AvWeMet Lurker
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    OK.well here is a dummer question for you...what is OTA ? And Yes to "The Franchise" it only has about 400MB of space on the internal...

9. TheFranchise216

None

Nov 19, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks. Kinda stinks but oh well. Phone is awesome tho! OTA stands for "Over the Air"

AvWeMet likes this.
  10. AvWeMet

AvWeMet Lurker
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Are you saying that rooting my phone will allow some of the unmovable apps(as it is right now)to migrate to my SD ?

Tags: