• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC EVO 4G 'new' and 'new'

maluminse

Aug 6, 2010
Got my first EVO in June 2010. Loved it. NO ONE had them. I found a store who had one and it 'just came available'.

Froze a lot. Skipped a lot. Taskiller fastreboot etc.

Was on train and in the same day saw two diff evo owners and peeked. When I saw them moving like a hot knife thru butter I asked. Doesnt it freeze and skip??

Sometimes not usually.

Had to get another one. New one runs like hot knife thru butter. Smooth as glass.

So wth was the deal with the first one? Did I get someones broken return?? Thoughts?

i think that sprint and htc were in a race to be the first to have the world's 1st 4g phone out in the market. so if i remember correctly, some or a lot of people were having hardware issues because of it.

I think you are dead on. I think they made hardware and software improvements and didnt say much about it.

LOL facepalm. As I type this I just remembered my 'rule'. Never buy the first of anything (used to be applied to cars).

New style corvette? Dont get it.

New operating system? Dont get it.

duh New phone? Dont get it.

Manufacturers use us as beta testers. Think Windows ME and Windows Vista.

Cest la vie....

Upvote 0
This.

And you can also try a factory reset too, this will clear up any software issues.

Yea but it took a full day just to get phone as I had it much less recover any data.

I really dont expect to have to factory reset more than once a year. Thats Sprint tech cure all.

Problem? factory reset. But yea as a last resort I guess so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones