• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 4G ROM Floating Around?

sampo

Feb 1, 2010
NC
For those that have seen the HTC EVO 4G ROM floating around first announced on Engadget... or the technologically savvy... Can Sprint HTC Hero users/owners install this on their devices? What are the best and worst case scenarios if one were to attempt such a task? Would it actually work, what is this ROM essentially, what makes it different than the 2.1 update Sprint Hero owners just received?

Thanks...

P.S. Mods, thought this was the best forum to bring this up since my questions applies specifically to the Sprint Hero. :eek:

For those that have seen the HTC EVO 4G ROM floating around first announced on Engadget... or the technologically savvy... Can Sprint HTC Hero users/owners install this on their devices? What are the best and worst case scenarios if one were to attempt such a task? Would it actually work, what is this ROM essentially, what makes it different than the 2.1 update Sprint Hero owners just received?

Thanks...

P.S. Mods, thought this was the best forum to bring this up since my questions applies specifically to the Sprint Hero. :eek:

No need for the EVO core to be put onto the Hero... Hero 2.1 is out now. I don't really know what you are asking but the ROM's do contain many DEVICE specific attributes.

:)

Best to just ROOT if you want to see some serious improvement over the stock Sprint 2.1 - just saying...

Happy Trails!
:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones