• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 4G / Sprint 4G Coverage Map Due Out Tomorrow (6/1)

Virginia has nothing. unless you count D.C. Virginia Beach/Norfolk Please
No love for Richmond, VA? Isn't Sprint headquarters in Reston? I see a future tower up in northern pennisula and towards Va. Beach. No luck in central VA.
eieio posted some screens of 4G speedtests in different areas, One was Reston. I then checked speedtest.net and browsed by location and found "Sprint", not "Sprint PCS" as in the screens, with 4mbs download speeds.
Unless Sprint has some other internet service this would have to be WiMAX?

As far as the tower I don't see a future tower in Va. Bch. I do see on in Chesapeake.
What indications would that have anything to do with WiMAX? (am I looking at the right map?!)
In all honesty Sprint needs a regular tower in that location.
The signal is horrid over there, only place I've EVER dropped calls.

Upvote 0
so i checked out the map and unchecked everything so it just showed up and coming towers and theres a few in cleveland up and coming so i clicked on the up and coming and it says that up and coming towers are supposed to be up within 120 days.... so maybe that means cleveland will have it very soon also. i hope
:thinking:

I see "Future Towers" on the map, but I don't see anywhere you can click to see when they're going to be up.

Upvote 0
Would It make it all the way to AppleVally/Lakeville? Ahhh...no, right?

Supposedly the four corners of the cities will have towers: Lakeville, Fridley, west(waconia?) and shoreview. I'm in the west mnka area. I've been hearing that the TC should be complete by august. Whether or not that means all areas, I'm not sure.

According to this guy with an early EVO there is some testing going on here:

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2010/06/breons-htc-evo-4g-full-written-review-sprint/

Upvote 0
Talked to a sprint rep when I bought my Evo yesterday. He said that 4G is guaranteed to the tampa bay area by august. For those of you who live in the tampa bay area, he clarified it even farther to detail that 4G will extend as far north as Spring Hill, and as far south as Bradenton, all the way through St. Pete Clearwater and down the 1-4 corridor. How we just have to wait for august...

Upvote 0
Denver, CO is on the "coming soon" or "by the end of the year" list. I was recently in line at a comedy club last weekend bored out of my mind. I flipped on my 4G radio and got one bar of 4G service... Very nice. Can't wait for it to come through in full affect. You might want to check the downtown areas of the "coming soon" cities.

I know some may think I didn't do something right, but I ran the speed test with the radio on and with it off, major difference (about 2x download of FULL 3G service). The 4G signal went from zero (but still 4G) to one bar.

Upvote 0
Mine is literally half the distance of yours. SO CLOSE!!!! haha

be7i2p.gif

I'm right in the big fat middle of 4G in Austin (work and home). I don't have a single bar at either places...

Upvote 0
Denver, CO is on the "coming soon" or "by the end of the year" list. I was recently in line at a comedy club last weekend bored out of my mind. I flipped on my 4G radio and got one bar of 4G service... Very nice. Can't wait for it to come through in full affect. You might want to check the downtown areas of the "coming soon" cities.

I know some may think I didn't do something right, but I ran the speed test with the radio on and with it off, major difference (about 2x download of FULL 3G service). The 4G signal went from zero (but still 4G) to one bar.

NICE! I'll have to try it out next time I am downtown. So far no 4G in the south metro area. I am hoping this means that Denver is one of the cities that will get it soon. Best buy was told 4th quarter by sprint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones