• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 4g to boost mobile with ZTE fury donor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregpl

Lurker
Oct 9, 2012
Hello

Im a noob here and I was wondering if the ZTE fury is a good donor phone to flash my HTC EVO 4g to Boost mobile and if so is there any guide to show me step by step on how to do it ...the evo is rooted but still has S-on...can this still be done ...Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Wasn't sure if this is the right area for this topic so please forgive me this time.

Thanks

Hi Thanks for the reply...what Im trying to do is get away from sprint due to them triple billing me so right now they have it and I want to use this same phone on boost mobile when I called them they said they cant switch me over to it but earlier sprint told me they could so ifigured i would have to get a donor phne to go it

Upvote 0
You cannot use a Sprint phone as a donor. You have to get a Boost phone that can be used as a donor. The HTC will pretend to be the donor phone. The donor phone will get service from Boost. The HTC pretending to be the donor will pick up that service. But if the donor cannot get on Boost then there is no point. Try to get a Prevail or an incognito or a Replenish... but no Sprint Phones. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks fr the reply....i thought the zt fury was a boost mobile phone at least thats what the package said it was the clerk said just that phone and a boost card or account was all i needed..so i guess im confused now ...lol..guess Iwill have to go back and make sure if it is a boost for sure then if it is I should be ok to use it as a donor right ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones