1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC EVO 4G will not turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miles77, Jun 29, 2013.

1. miles77

miles77 Lurker

MY HTC EVO 4G will not charge or power up. Is the battery shot, or is it something else? Is it worth ordering a new battery for?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF miles77! :)

It is possible that the battery is bad, yes depending on the age of the battery. But, what happened prior to this issue?
    Did you shut off the phone and then no response to powering up?
    Did the phone discharge too far and shut off before you had a chance to charge it?

Were you using it with a sufficient amount of charge and all of a sudden it died?

I do have more questions, but don't want to bombard you all at once:p :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. miles77

miles77 Lurker

A friend of mine gave me the phone. He got a new one and hadnt touched this one in over a year. Im assuming it discharged before it was charged again. The phone appears to be in great shape. Just cant get it to do anything.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

how long have you tried charging it? it is most likely shot. but amazon has them for like $5

edit: ninja slap!!!!!!!:D

Mikestony likes this.
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, it would be worth it to change the battery. I know you can find some on Amazon for cheap...I think under 10 bucks:)
    That would be my guess ;)

Edit: ninjaaaaaa 'd :)

6. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Put the battery (not the phone) in the freezer for a few minutes. Take it out and put in the phone. Try charging it again.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. babe239

babe239 Lurker

This way may work for the battery. But I'd recommend that you get another battery to have a try to make sure that it's the battery problem first.

8. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

True.

It could be the USB cord or the charging port (big issue on EVOs)

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews