• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC EVO 4G Wont charge passed 1%

polar602

Lurker
Oct 14, 2011
I need help! I woke up this morning trying to charge my phone but can't!! I tried plugging thru the power outlet and that usually charges the fastest but the orange light charging indicator won't light up unless turned off. then i turn it on and it wont charge! so it dies again. I then tried charging thru usb to my computer. that seemed to charge when on but it wouldn't charge passed 1% and when i unplug it, it powers off immediately. Next, I tried using my moms cable (same brand) and it seemed to charge thru the power outlet this time but it doesn't get passed 1%!!! I just got this phone and it sucks :(
someone help me please!

I need help! I woke up this morning trying to charge my phone but can't!! I tried plugging thru the power outlet and that usually charges the fastest but the orange light charging indicator won't light up unless turned off. then i turn it on and it wont charge! so it dies again. I then tried charging thru usb to my computer. that seemed to charge when on but it wouldn't charge passed 1% and when i unplug it, it powers off immediately. Next, I tried using my moms cable (same brand) and it seemed to charge thru the power outlet this time but it doesn't get passed 1%!!! I just got this phone and it sucks :(
someone help me please!

Welcome to the Forums....

If you just got the phone then it could be a bad battery or a bad usb on the phone. I would call sprint and have them replace it. Not much you can do if its a hardware issue. If your mom has the same phone try charging her battery in your phone. If it charges then you have a bad battery if you have the same issue then its a hardware problem. Either way I would contact sprint. You should still be under the warranty. (if not passed 30 days)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones