• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO Charging Port

:mad: After two months the charging port on the EVO is completely gone. For me, it was just normal plugging in the phone to keep the battery charged. However, customer support with Sprint indicated through some mystic power that the phone was damaged. No kidding. The charging port is loose. This is not rocket science. Anyway, Sprint wants more money to fix a two month old phone. For the coolness of the phone, the hardware sucks. The customer support offered is bankrupting me. More akin to customer robbery than support.

I agree, regular Sprint customer support can be a joke. There are a few people that know what's going on, but the majority (from my own experience) are no help at all.

2 solutions

1- Call back and ask to get transferred to 'Advanced Tech Support' they can do more to help you. But keep in mind that it may take a couple calls to the regular customer service before you find someone willing to directly transfer you. Explain that you were using it like normal, and ask them questions about whether this is a normal problem with the phone, be inquisitive and helpless, etc. They should help you out.

2- Take your phone to a Corporate Store. They are good about taking care of issues like that. Just go online and find the one near you, and make an appointment. And make sure your phone is not rooted!:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones