1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Evo Design 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kithikor, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Kithikor

Kithikor Newbie

Hello.
    I am new to the Android phone, coming from the iPhone. Is it normal for me to have to recharge the battery every day? I do not use the phone a lot mostly text messages. Some days, like today, I had to recharge the battery already. Now today I did use Flashcards Buddy.

Sorry for the newb question.

Thank you in advance.

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Welcome to Android Forums, Kithikor!
    I do not have this phone but I have had other cell phones that I needed to charge every day. For me, it helped to "condition" the battery. When you unplug it everyday, use it until it runs all the way down, and then charge it to 100%.
    The next day do this again, and after several days of letting the battery run all the way down before charging back up to full battery , you will see a marked improvement in battery life. Good Luck, and enjoy your Android. It sometimes takes a bit of getting used to after the iphone.:)

3. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

Yes. This is normal. Your battery usage depends on how many apps you have loaded and how often they "call home". The iPhone only lets one app run at a time, all apps other than the one you're using is in super sleep. There are ways to extend the battery you have, look around. Basically use the phone till it dies, charge it continuously till its full and remove it from the charger asap after it hits 100%. Let it drain and repeat one more time. Your battery stats should be more accurate. Do this after changing roms or batteries so your battery stats are best suited to your phone.

Android will never have the battery usage as good as the iPhone. The reason is that Apple has one piece of hardware and one software that they put on that hardware. They can super optimize the battery for the exact purpose it is used for because they know everything about it. Android on the other hand is a piece of software that goes on any hardware with the necessary inputs. No company will spend as much time optimizing the hardware Apple does because every company has multiple hardware devices using the same software. Hope that made sense to you.

Welcome to Android. Come on in. The water is fine here. Hope you like your stay.

damewolf13 likes this.

HTC EVO Design Forum

The HTC EVO Design release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews