1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC EVO Handbrake Settings with Video

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shadrap, May 28, 2010.

1. xxINFIDELxx

xxINFIDELxx Well-Known Member

Ok I converted Hulk vs Wolverine and was able to get it on my phone but the file is jacked up and scrambled. How do I delete it from my phone?

2. firemanjay

firemanjay Member

Well i finally got it to work, I was trying to convert a homemade DVD, and for the life of me couldn't get it to work. But it is working for me now. Don't know exactly what i did but thanks for the link i just kept readding it and trying it till if worked. i'm so stoked.
    Thanks

3. I had this problem with one of my videos. I believe i just had to tweak the audio settings, i think if i switched from 48khz to 44.1, or vice versa, that fixed it.

in the gallery or video gallery, hit the trash can then select the video. Or get a file manager like Astro. Or connect to the pc, open the folder and move to recycle bin.

4. senormatt

senormatt Well-Known Member

how long does it take y'all to encode 1 movie?

5. Selfdestruct

Selfdestruct Well-Known Member

I think mine take about an hour or so

6. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

Depends in the computer specs and how you encode.
    For H.264 my speeds a mostly realtime.
    For FFmpeg I can easily do 3x realtime.

7. polkadots

polkadots Android Enthusiast

Aaaaaand, I failed at going DVD->EVO following the KnowYourCell guide. I am thinking the best bet will be to rip from DVD to the computer, and then converting that file. Boo.

8. RedsGT

RedsGT Well-Known Member

If someone has used my settings, and they worked, can you let me know? Thanks.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

chrad44 likes this.
  9. RVCA

RVCA Newbie

Ok I got my HD music vids to finally work on my Evo by scaling them down to 800x480 from 1920x1080. My question is wouldn't that hurt the quality of the video if i wanted to watch it on a large hdtv?

10. droidtime

droidtime Well-Known Member

I'll be testing them out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! It's my first time using handbrake...ever. anything else I should know?

11. legacy

legacy Android Enthusiast

I'll encode a movie or two tonight and test it out. Been wanting to try this anyway. My HDMI cable is in its unopened bag still and looks very sad.

12. senormatt

"Sorry, this video cannot be played."

I guess b/c it's over 2GB? Only used 3500 bitrate. :(

13. jcj487

jcj487 Newbie

Anyone know how i can get my bdrip movies to play on my hdtv, ive succesfully encoded a couple of movies and they play wonderfully on my evo, no complaints, but everytime i connect it to hdtv it just plays sound and NO picture. I dont know what else to do. Ive tried encoding short music videos to see if plays on the tv and works just fine. Is there specific settings i should use to get movies to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated

14. RedsGT

RedsGT Well-Known Member

I can't remember if the FAT32 file limit is 2GB or 4GB...

EDIT: "The maximum possible size for a file on a FAT32 volume is 4 GiB minus 1 byte (232−1 bytes)."

15. senormatt

searching the web it sounds like Android is limited to 2GB movie files. If anyone can find info or a thread finding a work around or stating otherwise please share.

16. RVCA

RVCA Newbie

the evo can only play a maximum of 800x480 in dimensions right?

17. Bulldogdad

Bulldogdad Lurker

How did you get the 800 width? Handbrake is only allowing me to get 720.

18. jdmlvr07

jdmlvr07 Newbie

19. JinCA

JinCA Well-Known Member

Will handbreak rip through the copy protection on a dvd? or do you have to rip it with something else first and then convert it with handbreak? I put a dvd in and hit dvd as the source and it started scanning on it's own, I checked the activity window and it just keeps saying dvdnav:read error,error reading nav packet

20. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

handbrake won't enlarge the source.

If you can't encode H.264 fast enough then try FFmpeg.It'll be 3x faster and on the Evo won't be noticeable, file sizes will be somewhat larger though.

handbrake does not break encryption, you need AnyDVD or DVD43, or use Linux :)

21. jdmlvr07

jdmlvr07 Newbie

thank you so much! I'm going try it first thing when I get back from work. It doesn't matter if its larger than 2gb?

22. Nitraine21

Nitraine21 Member

Hi Guys,

I am trying to use the settings in the previous post, and trying to change the width and height to that of the EVO, but Handbrake will not let me go higher than the width and height of the source.

I am using HB on a Mac, and could use a little help here.

Thanks in advance!

23. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

First sentence two posts up from your is the answer.

From everything posted I wouldn't go over 2gb.
    Personally I don't think it's necessary anyway.
    aW two hour movie can come in below that with the correct settings.

24. Nitraine21

Nitraine21 Member

So if it is not 800x480 or larger HB will not convert it to those specs? Then if I have something that is smaller than that, should I just keep it the same?

25. RedsGT

RedsGT Well-Known Member

Yes.

Nitraine21 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews