• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO locked out too many pattern attempts?

Applesucks

Lurker
Jun 25, 2010
It seems that EVO has the same bug as other HTC phones with the unlock screen pattern. If you set the unlock pattern and have it locked you may have to reboot the phone.

I had to do this last night because even though I was using the proper gmail and password it wouldn't unlock the phone.

The Sprint rep could do nothing to help. Make sure to back up the phone prior to setting up an kind of unlock pattern.

After the reset I tried to recreate the problem but now works but only after losing everything on the phone.

Just did it today for one of may Friend on his EVO.

After too many attempts, he pressed the button "Forget pattern" and could not log in with his credentials.

First, we verified that his credentials for Google account were correct ant that lead me to idea, that it must be in Upper/Lower case mix.

instead of putting "usename@gmail.com" he remembered that he put in "UserName@gmail.com" when he initialized the phone for the first time and it worked.

After keying in the email with correct capitalization, we were offered with pattern changing screen.

So, remember, if logging to google over the web, capitalization does not matter. But when recovering forgotten pattern, YOU HAVE TO USE EXACT CAPITALIZATION as you did when initialized the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones