1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC EVO News Widget Not Working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smokinLiberty, Feb 5, 2011.

1. smokinLiberty

smokinLiberty Newbie

Anyone know how to fix this issue. The HTC News widget is about 1/4 of the normal size. I choose the full screen widget and choose my news feed and I can only see 1 article and the newspaper icon. I have tried to remove the widget and re-add it with no luck. I have searched around and found that I am not the only one with this issue, however no one knows how to fix it. I have also tried to update everything (PRL, Profile etc.) and I have tried to pull the battery and nothing seems to work. I did notice that if I change the "HTC Scene" to one with the news widget already added it will work fine but after a few minutes it does the same thing and shrinks to about 1/4 of its size again.

smokinLiberty
    :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. techgeek419

techgeek419 Lurker

i did a Google search and this page came up (Go SEO optimization for androidforums!). However, no one has replied since February.

I have same problem. HTC News widget goes to 1/4 size. Anyone resolve it?

..now back to google to so more searching...

3. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

do you have root access? i only ask to see if you can you uninstall and reinstall? that 99.9999999999999% of the time fixes otherwise uncorrectable prog issues.... just my $.02

4. Did you try clearing the cache, then force closing the app? Then reopen the app.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews