1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Htc Evo On MetroPCS

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by djjuls305, Dec 21, 2011.

1. djjuls305

djjuls305 Newbie

So had my evo flashed to metropcs but i cant get 4g. i seen youtube videos of it been done. how can i get metro's 4g on my evo. i know metro has 4g lte and evo has wimax but is it possible to get metro's 4g? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Let's try the Metro forum for this question, djjuls. Perhaps users of Metro will chime in with info. ;)

3. mteezey

mteezey Android Enthusiast

It is not possible to get 4g on the EVO flashed to metro PCs. For exactly why you said, the evo has a WiMAX radio and metro 4g is LTE. I've had two evos on metro and now a 3d. It's possible to get 3g if your in a evdo coverage area. But that's as far as it goes. I have hears rumors that if you turn the 4g radio on it will give you some options if you want to try for a day. But they never tried to take it further. I myself have not messed with the 4g just because I didn't want it to affect my data settings.

4. tiede

tiede Android Expert

Sorry, mteezey is correct. You're talking about two different types of radios technologies using two different wavebands. It's physically impractical to do so -unless you take your electronics toolbox and retrofit a LTE radio on the Evo, it won't happen.
    Now if it's a VZW 4g lte device, the odds would be more stacked in your favor, although I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath for that one.

jlserret and godsdragon like this.
  5. godsdragon

godsdragon Android Enthusiast

Thank you for the "Pay it Forward" site... I'll have to read from it sometime... I loved the movie... tear jerker...

6. chicano

chicano Well-Known Member

Same thing with Verizon LTE, it wont give you 4g. I had my Thunderbolt flashed to metro...3g or 4g was not doable- I was stuck at 1x. The Thunderbolt has a sim card for its LTE...believe me I tried for months to get 3g...gave up and bought a Galaxy S2.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5