1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC EVO out of stock...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by italianwjt, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Drew95376

Drew95376 Member
    None

I got a call tonight from my local Radio Shack manager. She informed me that they will NOT be receiving any Evo's this Friday. She said that she talked to her District Manager and he was hopeful that there would be a shipment early in the week.

Advertisement

2. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    Intern, Model, Acting, Dancer
    New Yor
    My roommate here at University of connecticut
    is desperately trying to find one but no luck

Radio shack couldn't tell them when they would be getting one in, due to security reasons
    but took his name down...he expects a call sometime nex week

3. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Where in Boston??

I have one now but I want another 2.1 so I can add a line and sell my 2.2 Updated Froyo version I currently have. I tried Radio Shack since they have the instant rebates but they said they didnt have any. I hope the new ones dont come with 2.2 already updated..

4. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    I could not find one in boston last weekend.

5. jparker71

jparker71 Member
    None

A friend of mine went to a Sprint store and the salesman badmouthed the evo and talked him into getting an Instinct.

6. dequardo

dequardo Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Did you try the Mayfair road store? FWIW I picked up two there on consecutive weeks by just calling and driving over. I think something's a bit odd at that store, both times they asked if it's "a new contract". It was for me so I say 'yes' then I hear someone talk to (presumably the manager). They said sure and 'come on over'. IMO they are selling the ones that should be for pre-orders. The first time I was even told not to spread the word they are available there. WTH?

If you are upgrading I wouldn't tell them that. Good luck and LMK...

7. jparker71

jparker71 Member
    None

8. neutron

neutron Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    Should I just call around to different Sprint stores?

9. Gerbacio_PR

Gerbacio_PR Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    Male
    Rock Hill SC

ohh the beauty of sales!!!

10. part16john

part16john Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Went through evp to get mine..my company has corp disc...received phone in a week. BTW phone came with 2.2 preinstalled :-(

11. AndyCAPPS

AndyCAPPS Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Network Support
    Kentucky
    The Sprint store in Louisville KY just called me to let me know they got a shipment in and I can go purchase one since I was on the list. This list must have been long because I joined it 6 weeks ago. I already got my EVO shortly after and have my rebate check in my pocket as I type this.

So it looks like shipments are still coming in but it has taken a long time and if you did not get yours early then you have been stuck for the past month or so, in Kentucky at least...

12. jparker71

jparker71 Member
    None

LOL yep, I told him it was because they were out of evo's and probably had instinct's out the wazoo. Worse part is even though he's played with mine and knows how awesome it is he believes the salesman and is keeping the instinct. Words failed me and he'll be getting no sympathy from me when he starts complaining about his phone.

13. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    This sucks!!! Thanks for the info though...**does a search on Evo vs Epic now**

And trust me I loved my Evo. BEFORE the 2.2. If I can NOt do it all over again...*watches phones reset when using Latitude this very moment**

14. ChillyC

ChillyC Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    Radford, Virginia
    I got lucky and ordered a white one last on the BB website and it will be in Monday. I also got on the waiting list at BB and they just called today to say my black one is in. BB also said that they will be accepting another pre-order with $50 down.

15. Shawnz

Shawnz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 31, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Pre-order'd on Monday I beleive from Best Buy, #3 in line. they called yesterday and said you have 2 hours to claim your phone (didn't tell us that up front, but we made it work).

We got it in hand and up and running on my account last night.

16. neutron

None

Feb 8, 2010
    Both Sprint stores I called said they were out and it would be 2-3 weeks before they got a shipment in. The Best Buy near my work said they are 2-3 weeks out as well and HOPE to get some in on the 31st though, and I could do the pre-order thing for $50. No thanks if the wait is that long.

Radio Shack said their wait list was 10 people in and they are getting 2-3 EVOs a week.

This sucks.

EDIT: Just called the Best Buy near me and they told me the average wait time for people on the pre-order list is 1-2 weeks. I can deal with that, so my wife is going up there now to put me on the pre-order list.

17. FunDroid

None

Jun 30, 2010

Go to every Radio Shack you can find and get on there list. They are the best bet right now. They are no longer taking deposits so it costs you nothing.

18. Brewmeister

Brewmeister Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Hardware Developer
    Portland, OR
    I just checked with a local Best Buy, and they just got two in, but have a waitlist of 6 people, so I guess that the phones are still trickling in.

Funny thing was, the guy I asked said, "Yes, we have one available.", only to be interrupted by the girl helping another customer who informed him that there were 6 on the waitlist. Oh well, I think I almost got one. ;)

They seemed be be expecting a large order to arrive in the next week or two, but that may have just been to get me to come back and buy from them rather than keep looking around.

19. rok78

rok78 Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    I had called a local Radio Shack on Wednesday, they said come in Friday we have a shipment coming but no wait list. Went this morning and was second in line when the store opened only to find their shipment came in a day early and all Evo's were gone.

But at least the clerk had sympathy and said she'd give me a call when the next shipment comes in and I will get one. But who knows when that will be. BTW, no other radio shacks near me had any Evo's in their shipments.

20. neutron

None

Feb 8, 2010

I would be PISSED!

21. gotthelife4u

gotthelife4u Newbie
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    San Jose CA
    This is your best bet. I got mine today from a Rat Shack. They told me they get a handful a week.

Drew95376 likes this.
  22. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    Here, my local Sprint store told me a week ago that it would be "2 to 3 weeks." Two days ago they told me "a few days." Yesterday they told me "any day now." Today they told me "next week." Though we're going in the wrong direction, at least they didn't say "we don't know." They also told me that the waiting list isn't too extravagant and that they shouldn't have a problem with stock. I'm hoping that I'm high on the waiting list regardless and that I didn't screw myself over by not jumping on Best Buy yesterday when they were in stock.

23. rok78

rok78 Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    I was highly disappointed, but what are you going to do? It's even worse since I've been on a couple Sprint Store's wait list for almost 2 months now. I was that close!

But at least I know I'll have a phone soon, since I'm on the list for the Epic and I'll just get that if no Evo.

24. supsandroid

supsandroid Newbie

Aug 19, 2010
    I called two third party sprint stores around me. One received 6 Evos and the other got 4. Needless to say i was able to snag one. :D

25. supsandroid

supsandroid Newbie

Aug 19, 2010
    I would say the best way to get your hands on one is to write down the delivery dates of the stores around you and to call them in the morning on those days to see if they received any

Tags: