1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC EVO SHIFT...Gray box in the gallery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xjozefx, May 21, 2011.

1. xjozefx

xjozefx Lurker

Im having a problem with the gallery this happend 3 times and i reset the phone and im tired keep reseting like ecry 2 months when i take a picture and then go to the gallery the picture is not there only a gray box and my pictures i took yesterday are there is the pictures i take now they become gray box..I tried pulling the battery and the sd card i also tried putting the sd card into a pc and the pictures are not there i did the clear date an the other thing thats starts on C..can enyone help i dont want to reset the phone all again

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I am really questioning that something's up with your SD card on this one.

Please don't be offended by the question, I find it's best to just cover all the bases -

1. Original card or aftermarket? (We have horror stories aplenty of counterfeit sd cards being eBay'd that don't cut it.)

2. Are you in the habit of accessing your sd card on your pc, then unplugging the phone without the safe-remove/eject steps on the pc side? (Despite other blogs advice, that's Russian roulette - not if it will munge the card but when.)

3. Are you in the habit of removing your sd card? (It's rare but it does happen that a little electrostatic charge coming off your fingers can damage the card.)

4. Have you tried doing the file repair thing on the Windows side while your phone is connected via usb? (This is often helpful to stop this - won't work if there's damage - but this often nails it.)

5. Have you formatted your card using a pc? This is popular but wrong advice from many blogs. If you exhaust all else, copy your sd card to your pc, eject and unplug from pc, format sd card on your phone, copy back your stuff from pc to card.

Finally - if you've been through all this, and it's nothing you've done or can do - remember, lemons happen - your sd card might be one. You might be able to sweet talk the local Sprint store into a loaner sd card to see if it's that to save you and them a lot of hassle on unnecessary phone service.

Hope this helps!

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews