1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Htc evo shift screen not working...help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ajpopoca88, May 22, 2011.

1. ajpopoca88

ajpopoca88 Lurker

When i try to unlock the screen to use my phone it stays black.. the menu buttons light up and if i slide it open the qwerty lights work but the screen still doesnt work. I have to reboot the phone.. whats wrong???
    Oh and to add. I had to turn the settings to never let the screen time out or else it doesnt come back on.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kylehilton92

kylehilton92 Lurker

I have one with the same exact problem, were you able to fix it? and how?

3. hesawyer

hesawyer Lurker

same problem. been looking everywhere for a solution. it has to do with the screen brightness... you need to make it higher. but when i slide my keyboard... shuts off. and i have to pull the battery twice

4. Steven151

Steven151 Lurker

My phone has the same problem. The backlight won't turn on in either mode, my touch screen stopped working a while ago so the front four touchscreen buttons don't work. I would at least be able to text just using the slide out keyboard, but since the backlight won't turn on at all anymore. Has anyone found a way to get backlight working again?

5. sig sauer

sig sauer Member

Had the exact same problem. Took the phone to my local Sprint store and they replaced the screen in about an hr. Phone now works perfectly. I thought they were gonna replace it with a refurbished unit.

6. Techpro

Techpro Lurker

I have a evo shift with the screen completely not coming on so it must be a bad ribbon cable

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

lvt likes this.
  8. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Still use my HTC One SV (2012), but it only has 3G (4G was unknown at the time) ;)

9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

an htc one i can see still see being around. but the htc evo shift.....did not know they still work....I guess not LOL

#9 ocnbrze, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews