1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Htc evo shift screen not working...help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ajpopoca88, May 22, 2011.

1. ajpopoca88

ajpopoca88 New Member

May 22, 2011
    When i try to unlock the screen to use my phone it stays black.. the menu buttons light up and if i slide it open the qwerty lights work but the screen still doesnt work. I have to reboot the phone.. whats wrong???
    Oh and to add. I had to turn the settings to never let the screen time out or else it doesnt come back on.

Advertisement

2. kylehilton92

kylehilton92 New Member

Dec 4, 2011
    College Student
    Sacramento
    I have one with the same exact problem, were you able to fix it? and how?

3. hesawyer

hesawyer New Member

Dec 6, 2011
    same problem. been looking everywhere for a solution. it has to do with the screen brightness... you need to make it higher. but when i slide my keyboard... shuts off. and i have to pull the battery twice

4. Steven151

Steven151 New Member

Mar 23, 2012
    My phone has the same problem. The backlight won't turn on in either mode, my touch screen stopped working a while ago so the front four touchscreen buttons don't work. I would at least be able to text just using the slide out keyboard, but since the backlight won't turn on at all anymore. Has anyone found a way to get backlight working again?

5. sig sauer

sig sauer Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Had the exact same problem. Took the phone to my local Sprint store and they replaced the screen in about an hr. Phone now works perfectly. I thought they were gonna replace it with a refurbished unit.