1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC Evo Shift Vs Samsung Epic 4G *ROOTED*

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shawayne21, Jun 24, 2011.

1. shawayne21

shawayne21 Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    So I'm positive everyone see's this question all the time. But they always judge it on the stock phones. Well I'm looking to get one of these phones, but to ROOT them. Which one do you believe I should get and why? I'm also looking into battery life even though buying an extended battery isn't a problem. Also, which rom you think is best for your pick. Thanks in advance.

Will be posting in both sides to get more answers.

Advertisement

2. Enraged21

Enraged21 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Well i havent really messed with an EPIC 4G. So my answer is biased.
    I love my phone.
    I like the size of it, i thought the epic was a little too big to fit into my pocket.
    Battery life, i hear its pretty damn amazing for an android phone (being stock)
    But im on a custom rom with a custom kernel, i get about a whole days worth of battery life with heavy usage.
    And in my opinion, i think HTC phones are built better and more durable than samsungs. They just feel cheap...
    Those are my 2 cents.

3. jiexi

jiexi Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    I have an evo shift(rooted), sister has a epic (non rooted).

Epic has:
    Bigger keyboard, an actual row for #'s (you have to use FN on the evo shift)
    Nice nice screen
    Extremely light weight
    Doesn't drain too hard if you only text message (all she does)
    Faster CPU than evo shift

Evo Shift has:
    Compact size
    Feels sturdy
    Doesn't drain too hard with moderate internet surfing (epic drains fairly fast)
    I believe the CPU is more efficient because i can clock past my sister's epic and still get better battery life. (using juicedefender and x99kernel/smartass gov).

Personally, the epic looks like a brick. The power button isn't on the top where it should be. The screen, although high quality, probably drains more battery than its worth.

Obviously my opinions are a bit biased as i own a shift, but... My sister had her epic for a good 6 months before i got my evo shift, and i've played with her device for a fairly long time so the only way to really test this would be with a rooted epic (sister doesn't care enough to let me root it for her).

The end