• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Evo Shift Vs Samsung Epic 4G *ROOTED*

So I'm positive everyone see's this question all the time. But they always judge it on the stock phones. Well I'm looking to get one of these phones, but to ROOT them. Which one do you believe I should get and why? I'm also looking into battery life even though buying an extended battery isn't a problem. Also which rom do you think is best for your pick? Thanks in advance.

Will be posting in both sides to get more answers

Nice, once you root it, there's a bunch of solid Kernels and ROM's available. Right now I'm running the Genocide 1.1 Final Kernel with SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2 and its very smooth, performs well (very snappy and fast), and giving me very good battery life.

Once official gingerbread is released, I'm rather sure we'll see some nice stuff based off the official release (some developers won't build off leaks, so they wait for official GB and then they build).

Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones