• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO V 4G Jellybean?

Will the EVO V ever "officially" get Jellybean or are the days of 'offical' updates for the EVO V long past over?

You are more likely to meet Jesus than see an official Jellybean update.

But don't worry, if you root it you can flash an unofficial jellybean rom thanks to G60madman :D.

The problem is that virgin never updates their devices. HTC won't either, making the chances extremely slim...

Upvote 0
At the moment? Depends. Can you live without sending mms? Do you like vanilla android or sense?

I seldom use MMS, but if need be, the only ones I text with is family and they all. have email addresses. I can easily send it that way.
But for right now, I'm wondering how I ever got along without Google Now. And I can even update.

Reactions: Bruce_Wayne
Upvote 0
There has been a fix for MMS. U can send and recieve now. Tested it or myself. Im currently using the ROM and it is GREAT! Im using it as my daily driver! The only thing that doesnt work is 3D. I can easily let go of that! If you need the fix, I am happy to give you the link to it!

Upvote 0
There has been a fix for MMS. U can send and recieve now. Tested it or myself. Im currently using the ROM and it is GREAT! Im using it as my daily driver! The only thing that doesnt work is 3D. I can easily let go of that! If you need the fix, I am happy to give you the link to it!

Darien, please do me a favor and link to the fix, just to keep the thread in line. Thanks, OB :D

Upvote 0
I am shocked that these phones even launched with ICS 4.0

NEVERMIND JB 4.1

You stand a better chance getting Jessica Alba to fall in love with you

Lol true. Virgin needs to step it up if they want to compete with Metro as well as other small companies. The other guys really have some good phones nowadays. Anyway I'm just waiting to see how it goes and the best carrier with the best phone will get my monthly monies:)

Upvote 0
I believe we will see jelly bean. I no every body here will say there's no chance or whatever but you no I just think we will idk why I just do. Coming from the Motorola triumph never getting a update that it really deserved that was of course there's no jelly bean it didn't even getting gingerbread but this phone came with ICS so I just think we will...that's just me and my opinion. Until we 3 softwares behind everybody I still believe we will get jelly bean

Upvote 0
I believe we will see jelly bean. I no every body here will say there's no chance or whatever but you no I just think we will idk why I just do. Coming from the Motorola triumph never getting a update that it really deserved that was of course there's no jelly bean it didn't even getting gingerbread but this phone came with ICS so I just think we will...that's just me and my opinion. Until we 3 softwares behind everybody I still believe we will get jelly bean

I will tell you what. If we get a JB update I will delete my account and get a IPHONE. Mark my word. AND I HATE IPHONE & APPLE. That is how confident we will never get a JB update !!!

Upvote 0
I will tell you what. If we get a JB update I will delete my account and get a IPHONE. Mark my word. AND I HATE IPHONE & APPLE. That is how confident we will never get a JB update !!!

Haha alright as soon as we get JB I will find you and say did you get your iPhone yet lol but if we don't get it hmmm idk I'll think of something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones