• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Evo V 4G_Is it a good choice?

This is all the info under the about software info.

Android version 4.0.3
Htc sense version 3.6
software number 1.04.652.0 710rd
kernel version 3.0.16-gd468ce7
baseband version 1.06.00.0327

I never seen that software number? Your baseband is the old version. Should be 1.09.0x. The software is usually 1.13.652 without the update and 1.14.652 with it.

Upvote 0
I just ordered this phone from VM after reading countless fourm posts about the radio problems and watching videos about it too. In one video the guy said the radio problem was a hardware problem that the re-branded sprint models suffered from and that only the virgin mobile versions didnt have that. Im just worndering out of all the people who are having the radio problems how many have the sprint branded ones?

I actually replied to that video, there's so much b.s. that I called him on it. As has been posted and reported numerous times all over the interwebs, except for the silk screening both the Sprint and Virgin branded phones are completely identical both in hardware and software. The only difference is that the Sprint branded phones were re flashed and upgraded with ICS and Sense 3.6 whereas the Virgin branded phones were factory flashed originally with the updated software. P.S. Mine is a Sprint branded phone that I pre ordered and received on launch day and have had very few radio interface shortage issues that were always corrected by resending the text and no problem since the update. :D

Upvote 0
hmm now I'm starting to get a little worried about this. Idk if there would be anyway to know this but is this a really wide spread problem or just a small percentage of these phones with this. I see a lot of people complaining but I guess if your not having problems theres no reason to make posts.
the update fixes this issue. Only thing to worry about is getting the update, but once you have it you're worry free

Upvote 0
If the fix works then great, or skip it if your job depends on you receiving a call. I recieved an update this week, then my phone rebooted the following morning. I still don't know if the update truely helps or nowt, to soon for me to tell with any certinty.

If you want to be able to listen to music all day, and still take or make that occasional call, then get an extended battery with 3400 mAhrs or betterr rating.

Just my two cents before taxes, inflation, or other fees

Upvote 0
If the fix works then great, or skip it if your job depends on you receiving a call. I recieved an update this week, then my phone rebooted the following morning. I still don't know if the update truely helps or nowt, to soon for me to tell with any certinty.

If you want to be able to listen to music all day, and still take or make that occasional call, then get an extended battery with 3400 mAhrs or betterr rating.

Just my two cents before taxes, inflation, or other fees

I can say that it does fix the radio issue. I have had my phone since June and would get the error a few times a day depending on how much I was texting. I got the update on, or around November 21st and the error has not appeared since.

Upvote 0
At one point I though I would have to switch to a cheap phone and Striaght Talk as my work assignmments cann channge during the day and my boss needs tto bee able to call me and let me knnow. In the past I have seen 1 or 2 bars where I am sitting now, and it would change too an x if I tried making a call. Now I see 5 bars, yet I havee not really tested it at this point.

Christmas eve was awful for me in textinng - it would take 45 minutes to havee a reply go out, and that was a combination of trying to resend and crreating a new messagee with my reply in it. I truely hope this update helps out.

Soorry about typing errors - deesktop is dead and trying to respond on a Nexus 7 with a Tarrgus bluetooth kkeyboard - it just doesn't work on web-based forms that well :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones