1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Evo wifi and xbox live

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by collegeseafan, Feb 8, 2011.

1. collegeseafan

collegeseafan Lurker

I have an HTC evo and i borrowed a friends xbox slim to test out my 4g wifi on xbox live. It worked perfect on halo reach with no lag. One problem. when i connected to xbox via my wifi...it gave me a warning about not having an nas connection or something like that (not really tech savvy). Anyone know how to fix this problem, if it is one?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. It's a setting that normally has to be changed from the router settings. But since this is a phone and not a router, I dont think you can change that setting. Its not THAT big of a deal, it just means you will be limited to the people you can connect to on xbox live.

3. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Pretty much what Sitlet said. Its also because your IP address is based on what the base station the phone is connected to, gives your phone. Proper NAS requires forwarding ports, and you obviously can't do that because the ports are blocked at the base station which is controlled by your network provider.

Some services have the possibility to not work. And you won't be able to host matches. But you shouldn't be hosting from a cell phone internet connection anyway.

You shouldn't have to many problems with lag though. I played a 40 person zombies match on CounterStrike Source on my phone's 3G connection which was at 2 bars at 500 Kb/s. My ping was somewhere around 150 m/s, which isn't bad considering my connection was less than optimal for playing games.