• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc evo4g will not advance past splash screen

at10

Lurker
Jan 6, 2012
Hello to all, I'm new at this android thing and up until this evening I have really enjoyed my 9 month young Htc Evo 4g. I have a stock phone, I haven't rooted the phone yet only because I kept doing upgrades and didn't know any better. Once a new code comes out for Gingerbread 2.3.3 (I think thats what I have) I will try the rooted method for certain. Anyway the problem I have now is I can't get the phone to go past the htc splash screen! I've pulled the battery at least 3 times but to no avail, still have the splash screen there. I can get to the recovery menu etc but not sure what to do once I'm there. I need some help and guidance please. I've searched the threads but couldn't come with anything similar except for one but they had a rooted phone and quite franky it was all Greek to me.:mad:

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, at10! :)

Sorry you are experiencing some difficulties with your phone. You may need to perform a factory reset to get your phone back, which for the EVO 4G is done by these simple steps.

How to Factory Reset HTC Evo 4G - YouTube

You can get a lot of great advice when you're ready to root in HTC EVO 4G - Android Forums

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yep like lunatic posted you can try and go into the bootloader (power+vol down, you might need to uncheck fastboot if you are on gingerbread. settings/apps/uncheck fastboot) then select clear storage. it should then reboot like the video shows and hopefully you will be good to go. and if this works gingerbread can now be rooted. check out this guide:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html

if you have any questions about the rooting process please post it in the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/

Reactions: at10
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones