• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Explorere startup problem....

i have htc explorer .. i am using it since 6 months it was working fine.. yesterday night i try to factory reset my htc explorer at that time battery was 5%. i remove the memory card and tap on factory reset when my phone restart during factory reset process its stuck on starting screen with HTC green logo.. i try to charge my htc and charge it 100% battery. but still nothing happened. then i remove battery and again insert press volume down button and power button combine and there i select factory reset but same as above nothing happen and still white screen with htc green logo stuck

You may need to reinstall the ROM as it sounds like it's messed up. Try this:

Step 1: You need to find the Explorer/Poco RUU that's correct for your phone. An RUU is an executable file that will restore the original ROM to your phone from your computer via USB cable. A list of available RUUs may be found below. Try downloading this one from the list: RUU_Pico_hTC_Asia_India_1.31.720.3_Radio_10.35d.80.09H_1.11.82.17_release_230683_signed.exe.

Directory listing of http://www.htcruu.com/Pico

Step 2: Install HTC Sync on your Windows computer. It will also install the USB drivers for HTC which your computer needs to recognize the phone.

Step 3: Plug the phone in for an hour to make sure it has adequate battery.

Step 4: Boot the phone into HBOOT (turn it off, pull out and reinsert the battery, hold volume down and press power button). Highlight FASTBOOT using the volume rocker and press power. Then connect the USB cable. You should see it change to FASTBOOT USB.

Step 5: Run the RUU in Windows and follow the directions in the wizard. Be careful not to disconnect the USB cable or disrupt the RUU running in Windows until the process is complete.

Also, in the future, make sure you never do a factory reset with low battery, but I'm sure already know that now ;)

Upvote 0
Ok, I've revised the post above to make it as simple as I can. If you still feel that it's too complicated or difficult, I suggest taking your phone to a phone shop or sending it to an HTC repair center. If you decide to try, the risk is minimal since the phone is bricked already. But I think you should succeed. If you run into trouble, post back here and we'll help you out ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones