1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Flyer 16GB Internal Storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FlyerCryer, May 23, 2011.

1. FlyerCryer

FlyerCryer Lurker

Why does the Flyer only show 8.69GB of total space?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Renegade360

Renegade360 Newbie

I believe a good portion of the 16gb is taken up by the operating system & installed programs, leaving you with 8+gigs.

3. FlyerCryer

FlyerCryer Lurker

Does anyone have the correct answer of why. the flyer shows only 8.69GB of Total space 8.57 Available? Windows Vista 64bit doesnt take up 8GB, and I have had it installed for 2 years.

4. woodb

woodb Lurker

Mine is the same way. The display model at best buy was not like this. It showed 14 something. I emailed HTC today, and searching Google see we are not the only ones with this problem. Might be returning for a playbook.

5. FlyerCryer

FlyerCryer Lurker

The Store Demo has a 16GB micro SD card but it does show the same for Internal Storage of 8GB. I do have a feeling the storage is used by the OS and Sense. Still seems quite LARGE of space missing. It doesnt bother me as much as it did yesterday lol. Being able to add a 32GB expansion card is nice, still.. I read the 32GB versions show only 19GB or so.

6. FlyerCryer

FlyerCryer Lurker

For expample on other tablets like the motorola xoom Total internal storage is 28.78gb., 698 mb. media, 518 mb. applications and 27.60 gb. available. This is with Honeycomb OS.

7. woodb

woodb Lurker

I don't think so, but not sure. The store model I looked at showed no SD card mounted. Next came device storage which was 14 something. I could be wrong, but even if I am will not be happy.

8. FlyerCryer

FlyerCryer Lurker

if you get a chance maybe check that store demo out again. if you are right than something is strange. i know for sure my store demo had an sd card showing 14GB but the internal was same as what i bought 8GB

9. FlyerCryer

FlyerCryer Lurker

About 4GB internal application memory and 9GB usable internal tablet storage memory. Total is 16GB internal. So 3GB is used for OS

10. woodb

woodb Lurker

I was mistaken and stand corrected. Sorry for any confusion.

HTC Flyer Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews