1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC & French among other languages?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Dlf, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Dlf

Dlf Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Just got a new phone, and was curious weather I could add a few languages to it to use in place of English -- French (mostly), German & Japanese. Also I want to REMOVE some of the junk on the phone as I will never use some of the crap that's on it.

Oh and for some reason my camera just went dead as well I can clink the app/icon for it just get a black screen.

Advertisement

2. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    What phone did you get?

3. Dlf

Dlf Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    HTC Evo 4G . . .

If you look at consumer reports it's the middle phone of the three sprint phones.

4. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    well, i cant help you on the French language support, but I can tell you that on the EVO 4G its going to be hard to delete the "Bloatware" unless you root and install a custom ROM. Sprint just recently announced that they will allow users to start removing Bloatware from their phones... so that means only the most recently released devices. I would imagine that there is French support out there though. Good Luck! Either way, You got a nice Phone! :)

5. Dlf

Dlf Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Why is so much way to difficult [/redundant] . . . . While i'm thinking of it, I've added some music to the phone and tried to set some of it to specific people for when they call but I (think) I get the general "old phone" ring instead of the persons ringtone which I set.

When you stare at a LCD screen for 12 - 16 hours A DAY, having a phone is somewhat pointless.