• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc hd2 2.2 gps

cologne2792

Lurker
Jul 31, 2010
Just thought I'd share my experiences with you all. Bought an HD2 about a year ago, to summarise it's been back to HTC six times as the in call audio quality was appalling eg overloaded, distorted, hissy, clicky and many other adjectives, in short - rubbish. Argued with HTC that although I was perfectly happy with it as a device it wasn't fit for purpose as a Telephone which was the one thing it should have excelled at - Trading Standards + Phone Supplier + HTC = large circular conversation where Trading Standards proved to be toothless and HTC and the supplier said they couldn't do anything and I was stuck with it.

Upshot of this was about to chuck it on Ebay but decided to install Android 2.2 instead. Revelation! Not only is the OS superb and a joy to use but the installation has cured all the audio problems. So I've gone from a phone I nearly chucked to something that's not only extremely useable but rather excellent.

Only issue I have is the GPS doesn't seem to work.
Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks,
Martin.

What do you mean it doesnt work? Does it give you an error? does it happen with all gps apps? Have you tried a battery pull? Hard reset?

Tried a battery pull and restart. GPS can be switched on, sat dish symbol appears at the top and screen and flashes but it tells me it can't determine my position. Cell info puts it with 3200 metres but GPS exact fix not possible. It has worked but taken about 15 mins to get a GPS fix. Now it just seems to have given up. Have read about similar problems on the Desire which is what my HD2 now claims to be. When running on WinMO 6.5 GPS fix took about 30 seconds or less and was always very good so hardware seems ok.

Upvote 0
the phone is not the issue, its the ROM... Change the ROM...Are you using NAND or SD? NAND is much better than SD.

I recommend Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 v3 or Tytung's Nexus One port for Gingerbread 2.3.3.

These two are the best and the GPS locks in no more than 1 min... You will not be able to fix the issue if the ROM is failing to lock in the GPS... trust me on that one.

HTC HD2 Android Roms

HD2 - UD 3.1.1 v3 - The Ultimate Droid - Forums

Also go to XDA forums for more info...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones