1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HTC Hero 2 (Legend)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbell75, Jan 20, 2010.

1. mbell75

Jan 16, 2010
    SoCal
    Is this thing going to be for sale in the US? If so, why would they be giving the Hero a 2.x update if this new one will already be running it?

Advertisement

2. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Because not all of us will be rushing out to get a new phone and would like an update for our existing one.

3. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    It's called abandonment Sprint. I'm sure Verizon wouldn't mind helping me with a new contract... Update now! (Now= as soon as all the bugs are worked out.)

4. mbell75

Jan 16, 2010
    SoCal
    The more I think about it the more I think this will only be in Europe. Its slated for release in March. I seriously doubt Sprint would update the Hero only 5 months after its release. The European version has been out since last summer though, so they will probably get this and the Hero will get the 2.1 update as Sprint has already confirmed. Then its on to the next gen devices.

5. MaxPower

MaxPower Active Member

Jan 19, 2010
    NYC
    Why wouldn't Sprint let us know when these phones "drop"?

Then we could make informed purchases instead of feeling alienated a week after buying a now "old" device.:thinking::mad::cool:

6. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
    These phones tend to be released in Europe first, then here, sometimes over a year later! Could have something to do with the joke they call a cellular network here in the U.S., and the fact that they refuse to operate on an open system here where you can buy your phone where you want and activate with the carrier of your choice.

7. mbell75

Jan 16, 2010
    SoCal
    There is a big show coming up Feb 15-18 where all the carriers will be announcing their phones. So watch for that.

Tags: