• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero (CDMA) good for flashing to Metro PCS

Here is a HTC Hero that I got the other day. I've had a Palm Pre for the past 14 months ago. Actually, more like 4 Palm Pres counting all the replacements I've received. I wanted to try Android, so I decided to go with the Hero, since the Evo's 4G plan is a little out of my price range, and speed tests don't show anything special for Sprint's 4G network. So I found one locally, and I tried to activate it, but turns out it's linked to another account and the only way to release it is if the account holder authorizes it. It's not reported lost or stolen, and I can't get a hold of the owner from whom it was purchased. Anyway I got myself another one, with a clean ESN for personal use, and I'm pretty excited to be joining the Android community.

So here I'm just trying to make back some cash so I don't take too big of a hit on this phone. Comes with charger, battery, and box. Volume buttons are missing. Still can be used for parts, or it can be flashed over to Metro or Cricket

Asking $75 shipped

herobadesn1.jpg

herobadesn2.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones