• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero charging problems and one or two other niggles

kerryburn

Apr 9, 2010
Guys

Just got my newe phone and it is very impressive...

However I have noticed a couple of niggles and wanted to check if anyone else had noticed

• Charging - I have noticed on my phone (had two so I am pretty sure it is not a fault) that the phone charges half way on USB and no more. Specifically if I use a USB lead in my laptop or desktop it doesnt complete it's charge. Same goes in the car on a standard USB charger (PowerMonkey). It charges fine using the power supply with the phone. I have left the phone connected to a pc for up to 4 hrs to be sure I am seeing a real problem!
  • Mail Delivery - I am seeing a delay on message delivery of anything up to 5 minutes, not major but having changed from BlackBerry you tend to notice this stuff!!
  • Batt life - I am getting 6 - 8 hrs using tips supplied in this forum, but this maybe me playing with the phone so ill keep an eye on it!
Thanks in advance guys for any comments people can make

Kerry

:p

Guys

Just got my newe phone and it is very impressive...

However I have noticed a couple of niggles and wanted to check if anyone else had noticed

• Charging - I have noticed on my phone (had two so I am pretty sure it is not a fault) that the phone charges half way on USB and no more. Specifically if I use a USB lead in my laptop or desktop it doesnt complete it's charge. Same goes in the car on a standard USB charger (PowerMonkey). It charges fine using the power supply with the phone. I have left the phone connected to a pc for up to 4 hrs to be sure I am seeing a real problem!
  • Mail Delivery - I am seeing a delay on message delivery of anything up to 5 minutes, not major but having changed from BlackBerry you tend to notice this stuff!!
  • Batt life - I am getting 6 - 8 hrs using tips supplied in this forum, but this maybe me playing with the phone so ill keep an eye on it!
Thanks in advance guys for any comments people can make

Kerry

charging: Charging via usb is a LOT slower than charging via mains, seriously, a lot slower. Its probably just taking a really long time.

mail: Using the mail app? What have you set the polling to? You can set it to check for emails every so often so it wont be instant if you have set a longer time period.

Batt life: its gets better. I've had mine a week and each day the life has gotten better and better. 6 hours in today and im at 75% left (using none of the tips on this forum!)

Upvote 0
Guys

added to my list of observations, I have had people comment that they cannot reach me and have to try a couple of times before my phone rings.

Can anyone else comment? I am on Orange UK with a strong signal where I am using the phone? I was worried that the data path might keep cutting out the phone reception??

Thanks

Kerry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones