1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Hero E-mail virus/malware problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rvswenson, May 16, 2011.

1. rvswenson

rvswenson Lurker

I have been having a problem for a while and thought someone might be able to help me.
    I have an HTC Hero from Sprint. Starting several months ago one of my Pacbell e-mail accounts was hijacked and started sending spem to everyone in my address book many times a day. I changed my password and the emails stopped for a while but then started again.
    To shorten a long story what I have found is that if I enter the new password in the emial App on my phone within an hour or so the account is hijacked again. As long as I don't use my phone to access this account I do not have any problem.
    I use my phone to access one Exchange account and three Pacbell accounts and this one is the only one that I am having this problem with.
    Searches have not turned up any useful information to resolve.
    Suggestions??

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I dont think that has anything to do with you using your phone. If your account has been hacked once, it can be hacked any number of times, regardless of whether u type the password on your phone or not. It could be a number of things, unsecured wireless, spyware programs on your computer...

3. rvswenson

rvswenson Lurker

I access the e-mail from several computers and have no propblem with the account being hijacked. If I access the account from my phone the account is hijacked within 30 minutes. I have tried this many times to confirm that it is a problem with the phone.

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

Maybe you could forward those accounts to your GMail via POP3 or IMAP4. Maybe that would mask the ability to hijack the accounts.

I have never had an issue with my POP3 email on my Sprint HTC Hero. Your situation is strange, indeed.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews