1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HTC hero help plz

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Peytonsmama22, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Peytonsmama22

Peytonsmama22 Member

Jul 24, 2010
    I have the sprint htc hero and when i got it a sprint tech showed me how to save my contacts as Google ones so in case i was to switch phones or lose contacts i had that to back me up. So the other day my phone stopped sending and receiving messages and i could not fix it so i just went to the option to just have the phone clean swiped to where it was like brand new and all my contacts were gone and i cant seem to figure out how to get to the Google thing to reload them back on my phone, if any one could help i would very much appreciate it. :)

Advertisement

2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Male
    Group Sales Associate/Front Desk Clerk
    Washington (state)
    Just go menu>settings>accounts and sync, then sign into google, make sure contacts are checked and let it sync. Shouldn't be anything else to do.

3. wardfan

wardfan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    It's also a good idea to export your contacts to the sd card. You can do that by going to menu while in the contacts app.

4. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Ft. Worth, Tx.
    How? When I open the People app and hit menu there's a Sync Exchange contacts. Then it wants a email address and password. There's also a manual setup? Can you please explain this a little more. It sounds like a great idea. Thanks, TC.:thinking:

5. wardfan

wardfan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010

I haven't ran stock in a while, but I'm pretty sure I exported my contacts from when I was stock. But in another post I found this, which is what I said I think, so not sure on the people app.

export the contacts to sd -> people, menu, import/export, export to sd

Tags: