• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero "market" problem HELP PLEASE

Hey guys,

I have the HTC Hero and I can't seem to get into the marketplace.
Every time I try to go to market, I try to log on to my google account and it's doesn't work.

The phone keeps telling me that I'm not connected to the internet and suggests me to add wifi.
But all this time I am connected to the wifi of my home ! Full receipt of signal with 3 full bars ! Internet works fine on my phone but for some reason it doesn't let me log on to my google account.

I can't download any applications without this :-(

Please help me.

Thx.

Thanks for your reply.
Can you give me some step by step guidance please.

Internet enabled or disabled gives me the same result.

When not connected to internet a message appears that says " You don't have a reliable network connection, this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. Please try again when connected to a wifi-network"

When connected to wifi-network a message appears that says " can't establish a reliable data connection to the server"

:-(

My friend has the same phone and it works fine with him.
Is there an other way to disable internet other than toggling the wifi widget ?

Thx again.

Upvote 0
Is ur friend using ur wifi network?

Hi,

No he isn't. He uses a different one.

I have also tried the wifi network at work with the exact same result. So I know it's not my home network that causes the problem.
I have also sent a customer support ticket to HTC to help me with this but I didn't get a reply from them at all.

So asking you guys is my only option I guess.

Thx.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones