• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Hero Orange ROM update issues

Shasam

Lurker
Sep 7, 2010
Ok, so I know I am a little late to the party on this but I have been trying to update my Orange HTC Hero to the 2.73.61.66 ROM update (as I am guessing this is the reason I am not running 2.1 yet). Now I have already been searching around the web to try to figure out how to get this running, but I've had no look so far.

So, the problem I'm having is that once I have selected the ROM and it has sent my phone to the boot screen, the phone seems to disconnect from the PC. The update then continues to look, with no success, and then stops with the ERROR 171 code, leaving my phone on that white boot screen.

I have done the driver business, switching it to the MyHTC driver. I have disabled all my anti-virus and firewall stuff. Neither of these steps have helped, but I can't find anything else that could make it work. Help?

If you need any more info then let me know, I am really wanting to get this to work! :p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones