• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero Otterbox Defender? Bad news?

I have not had anybody complain of an echo while using the defender case. There is a foam-rubber gasket on my case that isolates the microphone from the case. Check to make sure yours is there, if it's missing, that may be the source of your trouble.

100_1973.JPG

Upvote 0
yeah mine has that gasket on it, i am waiting for a response from otterbox CS. Tired of everyone saying "what the hell is with that echo". just wondering what volume do you have your incall volume at cause mine is almost maxed out, i know that might help a bit if it was alot lower.

I typically keep mine around 50%. I spent quite a bit of time on my phone, today I changed the volume, covered the mic hole, and held it a variety of different ways.

Just curious, is the echo something people constantly complain about, or does it happen to change depending on your location?

Upvote 0
i got a response from otterbox, and it said turn the volume down to 6 or lower and see if that helps. i have not tested it much but my wife did notice it was gone when i had it at 50%. I usually have it almost maxxed out because i am on a construction site. So that would make sense why you didnt have a problem. so i guess i will just have to keep it low. thanks for all your help. Also i do not have the proximity sensor installed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones